title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Midi <---> Convertable?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MasterOfPuppets
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2002

Midi <---> Convertable?

yea hello every1 i have had dmc & dap for a year now, just downloaded powerpack & registered my forum account 2day...

ive noticed for a while that my list of of codecs (under the multiplayer section in the dap help menu) included a "midi input decoder" i was wondering if there was a slight chance that this meant that dMC could convert midi files into other formats, even though there is no way it could be turned around.

well, i got up and tried it and got this funny lil error message

"The file type '.MID' does not stream audio data and cannot be converted."

ha. i'm pretty sure that answers my question, but i just want to check. if the answer is no, do you know of any other converter programs that have this ability?
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

awave studio can do a good job. depends on the original midi.

FMJ-Software: Awave Studio - Awave Audio - Chromatia Tuner - Image Eye - Any Image - StarStrider - ACDR. Awave Studio is an audio and synthesizer instrument file format converter, editor and player. Awave Audio is a an audio file format batch converter. Chromatia tuner is a chromatic instrument tuner. Image Eye is a fast, lean and free image viewer. Any Image is an image file format batch converter. StarStrider is a photo-realistic, real-time 3D planetarium using the Hipparcos database. ACDR is a free Audio CD ripper.

Comment

• Shadow
      • Nov 2002

Converting Wav's to Midi

Hi Master,

One of the best programs to change wav's to midi's is:

I've not tried it yet, although I have read just about all the information on ALL converters available at this time.

The Digital Ear offers a trial. Catch 22 is that you only get 15 seconds of your music.

:smile

Comment

• daren
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2002

The MIDI file is a sequence of commands describing the sound
        so that it can be played by MIDI equipped instruments. On your
        computer, this is usually converted to musical sounds in your
        soundcard. If you've got a really good soundcard with good
        sounding MIDI instruments you would get better results by
        playing the file and recording the output using dBPowerAMP
        Auxilliary Input (same as recording a streaming radio station