title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

iTunes naming convention

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhsidoc
    • Feb 2007

iTunes naming convention

Anyone have a naming command line that would simulate the way itunes names. I would like a folder for the artist, then a subfolder for the album and then the track #, space, track name. The default in the new CD Grabber is quite complicated I guess because it includes compilations and multi-disc sets. I'm not sure how itunes handles that but I would simply like to duplicate it. Thanks
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: iTunes naming convention

You could set the naming scheme to:
    Code:
    [artist]\[album]\[track] - [artist] - [title]
    However, realize that this naming scheme will be for all CDs, no matter what their type. Or you could try this one:
    Code:
    [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album]\[IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]\[track] [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] - Disc [disc][]\[track] - [artist] - [title][]
    Last edited by LtData; 02-04-2007, 03:21 AM.

Comment

• broodwich
      • Feb 2007

Re: iTunes naming convention

I think if you want to match iTunes then this is the code you're looking for. I had to figure this one out on my own. It took me a little bit to determine how all those variables are supposed to be used.

Code:
      [IFCOMP]Compilations[album][IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][album][IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] [title][]
      iTunes uses a folder called Compilations for Various Artists CDs. The default string for dbPowerAMP would check to see if there was a value in the Album Artist field and if there was a value it would name the folder with the value in the Album Artist field. If there was no Album Artist specified then it would put the files into a folder called Various Artists. I took out that logic and just forced anything marked as a Compilation to be placed in a folder with the same name.

iTunes also uses a format of (discnumber)-(tracknumber)_(tracktitle) for albums with multiple CDs, where the underscore_ represents a space. This code will format multi-disc sets in this same manner.

iTunes also uses a simple track naming structure of the format (tracknumber)_(tracktitle), as opposed to dbPowerAMP's more complex default structure. This code will also match iTunes default track naming.

I think that covers it. Let me know if this is not correct or if I have made a mistake. This is the first time I have ever used dbPowerAMP. I just downloaded it today. Now I just need to figure out all the secure ripping stuff. I want the highest quality rips at all costs.

Comment

Working...

]]>