title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Missing Codecs for dMC r12

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fb03er
    • May 2007

Re: Missing Codecs for dMC r12

Hello, it's my first post here.
    I'd like to see TAK lossless (Tom's audio kompressor) into DMC codec central.
    Maybe in r13?
    Thanks.

Comment

• Johann7
      • Jun 2007

Another vote for Tag From Filename utility; that and the Arrange Music and Update ID Tags features are what first drew me to dMC at r10 (and I quickly learned how cool the ripper and converters were). Loving the x64 integration of r12 and the fast dev cycle!

Comment

• Johann7
        • Jun 2007

Also, now that I think about it, it would be cool if the explorer-integrated multi-file tag editor allowed for the distribution of album art to all selected files (as opposed to current system where one has to use Edit Single to add art to each file individually). Don't know how much work this would be, and it's not really a high priority for me (I use iTunes to do it now, though it's SO slow, not like dMC :-D), but it would be nice.

Comment

• Wreckard
          • Aug 2007

Raw?

Hey all,

I'm trying to transcode a RAW PCM stream to FLAC. The old version of dMC did this (I can see the download) but r12 doesn't.

Any plans to add RAW decoding back into r12? Is there a beta I can download?

If not, is there anywhere I can download the previous version of dMC? I want to make hi-res FLAC rips of some of my DVD's and there aren't a lot of alternatives on the market!

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Re: Raw?

One is planned, but cannot say when it will beta (there is a low demand for a raw codec), see the dMC download page, click the Compatibility link and you can download R11.5
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wreckard
              • Aug 2007

Thanks Spoon - looked all around and couldn't find that link.

11.5 should set me right - I have a couple of hi-res LPCM RAW files that nothing else will convert. All of the tools I've found will convert 16-bit and 24-bit - but none of them can handle 20-bit. I'm hoping yours is different!

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It will not handle 20 bit.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dmcKEAN
                  • Sep 2007

I think the Sun Microsystems format .au should be added to the new release of r12+, not because it's good or anything, but just to say it's there!

It would also be cool to see the (S)VCD flags for format mp2, including offset. Again, not because dbpoweramp would be the best at it--Besweet is the best at this; it would just be cool to know that the option is there in dbpoweramp.

Also, what happened to the mp3 blade?

Lastly, I think it would be cool to add encoding capabilities for ac3 in a furture reference version. It would be well-worth bumping the price of reference to $40.

It would also be worth a price jump of reference to $45 if it also could do mp3pro at higher bitrates than the Thompson demo. I know the demo goes only up to a certain bitrate but it would be cool if you could surpass it using this program.

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

mp3 blade has not been developed for a long time and has since been surpassed by LAMe, I believe.
                    Adding support for mp3PRO is not likely, as this format is supported by few players and is only needed when you absolutely have to have small files, which doesn't seem necessary in this day of cheap HDD storage
                    As for AC3, that would necessitate the owners of the format giving Spoon a license to write to that format, which is probably not likely.

Comment

• relayerman
                      • May 2003

I would like to see MP2 Encoding for the R12 non-reference version as 11.5 did. I sometimes have to redo DVD audio and a lot of it is MP2. So I decode the MP2 to WAV, edit, then back to MP2 and then mux video and audio back together.

Comment

• petera999
                        • Mar 2004

Hi, how is Tag From Filename coming along? It's such a good utility, I cant believe its not in more demand (but I suppose everyone says that about their preferred one...) :D Thx

Comment

• Spoon
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

It is the next 'codec' to be written.
                          Spoon
                          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

All codecs have been updated to R12 so I have unstuck this thread.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ChrisEE
                              • Apr 2008

Two codec conversion requests for r12:

FastTracker 2 Module
                              ProTracker Module

So needed for modplugs like in the game Deus Ex, which only uses FastTracker files instead of .wav/.mp3./.ogg.

Comment

Working...

]]>