title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

"Error whilst running 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\dBconfig.exe'"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gaston9x19
    • Feb 2007

"Error whilst running 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\dBconfig.exe'"

I just downloaded the newest version of the convertor from download.com, and I'd like to convert existing WMA tracks to MP3. It said I needed a codec so I clicked the link and downloaded the WMA 10 Pro for XP and tried to run it. It seems to install a couple new folders in the same location as the convertor (encoder and decoder with DLL files for the codec), but will not complete the installation of the codec and gives me this message every time, "Error whilst running 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\dBconfig.exe'." I still cannot convert WMA's to MP3's, and I've tried re-downloading and re-running the codec installer multiple times. It's targetting the same exact folder as the main converter. Can someone please help?? How do I get it to convert WMA's to MP3's?

-Ben
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: "Error whilst running 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\dBconfig.exe'"

The problem is that Download.com has r11.5 and the codec you installed is for r12. Uninstall that version and download the new version from this website. Then reinstall the codec and you should be fine.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: "Error whilst running 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\dBconfig.exe'"

Yes download.com are a little slow to update, install direct from dbpoweramp.com
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gaston9x19
        • Feb 2007

Thank you, that worked!

Comment

• DonutsRule5
          • Feb 2007

I just got the same error. I un-installed everything I have except the program and downloaded the Windows Media Audio 10 Pro (Windows XP) and it gave me the same error again. After hitting ok, it pulls it up like it finished fine and will let me convert, it just gives me that error. Any help is appriciated.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

You are using dMC r12, DonusRule5?

Comment

• DonutsRule5
              • Feb 2007

I'm not exactly sure, it says I got it August 15th, 2006 and on the version tab it says 6.4.0.1.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Start --> Programs --> dbpoweramp Music Converter --> Configuration --> dMC Configuration
                All version numbers are there.

Comment

• DonutsRule5
                  • Feb 2007

Version 11.5

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

Either update to r12 or get the codec for r11.5 from Legacy Codec Central. Link in the main Codec Central.

Comment

• DonutsRule5
                      • Feb 2007

Well since I bought I guess the older version, do I have to buy the new version or how does that work?

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

You can upgrade to dMC r12 for free. You just need your order number, then see here on how to get a new install: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/announce...nouncementid=8

Note that you will not get AMG meta-data access, which means no album art. If you want this, you can pay $5 and get one year of access to it.

Comment

• lilmaninki
                          • May 2011

I am running version 14, and trying to install the m4a encoder. I have tried COUNTLESS times and COUNTLESS methods, but I still get the same error and when I go to convert my files, it says I need to download and install it first. Please help; this is nonsense!

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

First you install dBpoweramp Music Converter (make a note of the folder it is installed to).

Then you install the m4a encoder (to the same folder)

Then you view the m4a encoder help file, you need a file from Nero to do the aac encoding, the help file takes you through it.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>