title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

System Freezing with Converter 11.5

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shyone379
    • Sep 2006

System Freezing with Converter 11.5

Since recently upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, Converter 11.5 has started freezing my computer after approx 15% of my conversions have been completed.

Changing to R12 at present is not an option for me as currently many codecs, Writer etc are not supported.

Also, in looking at DMC config I don't have the option to remove Explorer intergration (pop-Ups etc).

Suggestions on this problem would be gratefully received. :komisch9:
  • Shyone379
    • Sep 2006

Re: System Freezing with Converter 11.5

Originally posted by Shyone379
    Since recently upgrading to Internet Explorer 7, Converter 11.5 has started freezing my computer after approx 15% of my conversions have been completed.

Changing to R12 at present is not an option for me as currently many codecs, Writer etc are not supported.

Also, in looking at DMC config I don't have the option to remove Explorer intergration (pop-Ups etc).

Suggestions on this problem would be gratefully received. :komisch9:
    I have just been converting small batches to wave (30 or under) and it will do this task providing I don't use anything else that needs explorer.

Since Internet Explorer 7 has been released, many other programs that use or are intergrated with, have needed to be updated...... Do we have a compatability problem now????

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Internet explorer 7 does not affect Windows Explorer as far as I can tell. When you say freeze the whole system including mouse freezes?
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

To access the controls for Windows Integration (which is what you are looking for), open dMC Confiuration, click on the button that reads dBpowerAMP Settings. Change the setttings you wish to check for the fist page, click Next, change any of the general options on the second page and click Finish. Have you tried this already or do you not see the same options?

Can you check your conversion priority? This shows (assuming that you have the Power Pack) in the window that shows the progress of each individualt conversion. This is where you can change the setting. If your conversin priority is set to Normal or above Normal or High, try resetting it to Below Normal and let us know if that helps.

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

• Shyone379
          • Sep 2006

Yes Spoon complete system Freeze , including mouse

Comment

• Shyone379
            • Sep 2006

As I mentioned b4 Bill , I can't get Db poweramp settings page to show by going to Start>DMC >Config... All I can get is the versions page ,, installed Codecs etc.

I do have powerpack,, and set to conversion "Normal" which has operated just fine for the last 2 years,,,,

This has all just occurred since upgrading to Explorer 7

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

dMC Configuration shows just fine for me, as does dBpowerAMP Settings. I installed IE7 just a few hours ago and all is well.

Also, xoas is referring to the "dBpowerAMP Settings" button below the tabbed windows. There is a "Copy to Clipboard" button beside that too.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Which Windows, XP?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xoas
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2002

The full location of the dMC Configuration is: Start> All Programs> dBpowerAMP Music Converter> Configuration> dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration. Is that missing?

Even though you were doing well with your conversion priority set to Normal, you would see similar or better results if you set conversion priority to Below Normal. This prevents the program from getting caught up in conflicts for system resources with other programs. It sounds like the switch to Internet Explorer 7 may have created an additional load on your system. In that case changing conversion priority to Below Normal should help avert freezes and should not slow down your conversions. If you don't like the results, you can always switch it back.

Best wishes,
                  Bill

Comment

• Shyone379
                    • Sep 2006

Yes using XP Pro, Spoon, sorry forgot to say that
                    Bill, those Blue set up screens don't appear for me,, only the version screen/istalled codecs etc using AllPrograms/DBpoweramp Converter>DMC config> this gives me Version screen etc.

Since last talking to you I have been able to convert from wave 24bit 4800 to m4a with a batch file of 244 without a hitch... the hick-up seems to occur during conversion from mp3 to wave (uncompressed, no DSP) 24 bit/4800.

Setting the Priority to below Normal has helped , thanks Bill.

I have also done all other updates ( Nero Digital etc) that I can think of since the last releases from Microsoft Updates, and the batch file size has increased b4 freezing on mp3 to wave...... I can live with it til new versions Of DBPoweramp etc support all current facilities.

If The Internet Explorer 7 wasn't the cause then It could be related to the later Microsoft updates (of which there were several)

Hope this info helps you trace any bugs and I'll wait for your new improved versions.....

Pssssssssst , I can keep a secret,,, Is Santa bringing them??????

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

The way Windows XP is designed, if you asked me to write a program that would deliberately lock up windows, I could not do it, normal programs (like dbpoweramp) cannot mess Windows.

These types of lockups are either a CPU overheating, or a bad driver installed.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Shyone379
                        • Sep 2006

Thanx Spoon, Driver upgrades were recently installed by Windows,, I'll look at that

Comment

• Shyone379
                          • Sep 2006

I have looked at driver as you sugested Spoon,,, Rolled-back to old one and all seems to be working fine,,, many thanx, Best wishes to you and yours for Xmas

Comment

• LtData
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • May 2004

Out of my curiosity, what driver did you roll back?

Comment

Working...

]]>