title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting mp3 to aac

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teresa112757
    • Dec 2006

Converting mp3 to aac

Hi
    I downloaded the free dbpoweramp music converter. I wanted to convert mp3 files to .aac hopefully so that I can play them on my phone. when I go to convert the files .aac is not listed as a choice. The only choices are wave, mp3 (lame) and test convert. aac is not even listed as a grayed out choice. Am I doing something wrong or do I need to purchase a different version?
    Thanks,
    Teresa
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Converting mp3 to aac

You need to install the aac codec from Codec Central.

Comment

• Teresa112757
      • Dec 2006

Thanks - Did that now. Tried it choosing convert to nero aac and get this error message.

The CODEC required to compress 'C:\Converted Music\Carole King - (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman.m4a' could not be opened.
      Unable to run encoder 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dbPowerAmp\compression\Nero Digital Audio (AAC)\neroAacEnc.exe'

Not sure why its saying the file is .m4a - the file details say it's .mp3. Any further ideas?

Thanks much.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Did you follow the instructions in the help file and download and install the Nero encoder files?

Comment

• SilentAttack
          • Dec 2006

I get the same message. I use rar to extract files and cant click on copy and paste so I tried to extract them to the right folder but still get the same error message. Any tips?

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

Did you click "Locate Encoder" on the codec options page and browse to the encoder .exe?

Comment

• SilentAttack
              • Dec 2006

No I will be sure to try that.

Comment

• Botrax
                • May 2005

I install the M4A codec (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp4.htm), and when I press LOCATE CODEC I can never find NEROAACENC.EXE. That file does not exist on my hard drive.

However I have a "Nero Digital Audio (AAC).dll" in the COMPRESSION folder and when I redirect DMC to that file it still does not work.

What am I missing here?

Looks like the codec is not installed correctly, or DMC is just not looking for the right thing.

Does the AAC encoder actually work?

Comment

• Wayne
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Aug 2002

You need to download the neroaacenc.exe program which is in a zip file from the link provided in the help documentation: http://www.nero.com/nerodigital/eng/...tal_Audio.html

If you install the exe file in the suggested location (help docs) you should be able to locate it instantly.

Wayne

Comment

Working...

]]>