title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ASPI fixes applied - still no luck

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jh777
    • Oct 2002

ASPI fixes applied - still no luck

CD Drive not recognized "Insert Audio CD"
    ASPI Fixes applied - still no luck

I have installed dMc release 9 under Windows 98 Second Edition.
    My installed CD R/W drive is an HP CDWriter+ 9300
    Audio CD's play under WinAmp 2.81 nd 3.0. I can write CD-R's or CD-RW's using the HP CDWriter software (original or the revised "HP Record Now" from Veritas Software vers 3.0 build 100B27A).

After installing a second ASPI fix, the Adaptec ASPI Version checker indicates all four modules it looks at are version 4.6
    & ASPI installation is OK - with one host adapter detected.
    The ASPI drive lister finds:
    Adaptor 0, Target 2, Lun 0, SCSI Type: Processor, ASPI Type: Processor [HP - C5110A ]

The music converter lists the .cda files on an audio CD; the popup displays the choices for destination mode (Lame, Blade, Ogg, Wave);
    the menu allows the selection of speed, output folder, etc.;
    - - but when the convert button is clicked the error message:
    "The CODEC required to decompress 'M:\Track09.cda' could not be opened.
    Unable to access CD Drive 'M:\Track09.cda' " is displayed.

Format conversions of disk resident .mp3's proceeds normally.

The dMC Audio CD Input program stalls on the opening screen with "Insert Audio CD" displayed. No CD drive is displayed on the Options screen.
    Both Music Converter and Audio CD Input are installed in the same directory: G:\mp3progs\dBpowerAMP\

I haved plowed through all the ASPI documentation I can absorb and the posts in the dMc forums, but cannot find any other avenues to try.
    The initial fix from Adaptec did not work either. It installed two vers 4.7 modules.
    The version checker indicated a mismatch with the other pair, but documentation stated that the mismatch could be ignored.
    The same symptoms were present for dmc Music Converter and Audio CD Input.

Can you suggest any other solutions - or point me to a likely source ?
  • jh777
    • Oct 2002

:( Doesn't anyone have an idea about what to do now???

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

>ASPI Type: Processor [HP - C5110A ]

That is your problem, your CD drive is being reported as a processor, instead of 'CD-ROM'

Until your CD drive is reported correctly as a CD drive dMC will not work with it. I have seen this before on USB CD drives.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>