title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

another registration problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: another registration problem

doesn't change the fact that it sucks like a dyson vacuum cleaner.
    yes that maybe true. unfortunatly paypal has pros and cons too. for Spoon it has too many cons. i think paypal is improving but with so many horror stories of paypal freezing accounts for little reason it drove a lot of businessess elsewhere.

there are a couple of others like http://www.shareit.com/ and www.digibuy.com and http://www.995merchantaccounts.com/

i dont know how they stack up though and i have used digibuy before for purchase and it was ok.

and as far as saying your other alternative is to find a warez copy thats your prerogative. if you dont need the latest version there is an archive floating around of older versions just before the new mp3 licensing came in.
    Last edited by Spoons; 09-03-2006, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• deepsouth
      • Aug 2006

paypal fees. i see no other downside.

i buy vinyl off of ebay. any time i have EVER had a problem, i CALLED PAYPAL ON THE PHONE in one case, and through their normal complaint channels and EVERYTIME i was a satisfied paypal customer.

i used to hear/read complaints about paypal, but not in the past couple years.

all the evidence is in your forum. MANY PEOPLE have problems with the system in place. i realize that i am not going to be the one to entice any change, but nonetheless.....

i don't know how spoon's system works, but i can see that the system is obviously working him/her.

TAKE A LOOK AT ALL THE WEB RETAILERS (LARGE MAJOR ONES) THAT NOW ACCEPT PAYPAL AS ALTERNATIVE PAYMENT METHOD. if you want me to name a few, it's not a problem, but i'm sure you already know that many more sites take it now than used to even a year ago.

i'd be willing to pay a little extra to have a system that works better FOR THE USER. maybe that is not what this is all about.

again, not knocking your software at all. it is great. i don't know of another program that does so many things (but if i did, i'd probably opt for it at this point).

/end rant

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

The problems people mostly have with SWREG are really with their own firewalls and/or browsers and overly aggressive security/privacy settings that they don't know how to adjust. They'd have the same problems on many other sites. Add to this the extra problem with people who often mistype their own email address, so they don't even receive the email, or if they do, it often ends up in a junk folder or even rejected (again due to overly aggressive anti-spam filters in their email account).

Comment

• deepsouth
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by deepsouth
          i'm fairly adept at security and firewalls. the problem does not lie with the user in many of these cases i suspect, but often falls there. i suspect the problem lies within the system itself.

case and point. i emaild swreg about my registration and included in that email at THEIR request, i put my credit card number. the response i got was somewhere along the lines of "we don't have your credit card information..... ok, i entered it enough for them to recognize it as a duplicate order and then again on the "help me" email and they now want it a THIRD time, with ZERO explanation.

when people are skeptical of the process, it's because it's a SKETCHY process. "oh, wait a couple weeks" "this may take some time" "what was that information you already gave me twice again"

you must have missed that part the first time.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You can pay through SWReg with paypal...
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Spoon
              You can pay through SWReg with paypal...
              i didnt know that. that should cover all those who want to use paypal.

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

However, when paying with Paypal there is a $3.50USD processing fee.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

you must have missed that part the first time.
                  I say the problem people have are MOSTLY ....

I don't know how you ended up with the problem you did. But all others I've seen before were due to problems as I described.

Comment

• deepsouth
                    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by LtData
                    However, when paying with Paypal there is a $3.50USD processing fee.

i'd gladly pay $17.50 for the product.

Comment

• Razgo
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

have you tried to pay using paypal on swreg? or have you lost your money in the system with swreg?

Comment

• Razgo
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

squeeze me.

no worries. he emailed me back. it seems that since i don't use credit cards and have only a debit card, i'm scrizewed. it really suxxors as i really wanted a reg. version of the program. i wish there was some other way...... haven't gone "underground" for a program in a while.
                        but didnt you say you gave swreg your credit card details?

Comment

Working...

]]>