title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Videozilla breaks dbpoweramp converter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnSparks
    • Sep 2005

Videozilla breaks dbpoweramp converter

There is a program called videozilla ( www.videozilla.net ) that does for video what DMC does for audio files. Lets you right click on a video file and choose a conversion format.

It installs a right-click shell integration menu in the system just like DMC does, but the problem is that when videozilla is installed, the "convert..." menu option for DMC stops working. It still shows up there but when you click it nothing happens. It does not load the DMC conversion interface.

Any idea on how to fix it?

(I tried reinstalling dmc but it didnt help)
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Videozilla breaks dbpoweramp converter

Well, it seems Videozilla is teh culprit, so that's teh one to uninstall.

Then maybe you can install that one without the Windows Shell integration, so it won't conflict with dMC.

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

Alternatively there are tools available that allow you to disable various shell integrations post installation. It is something I use to remove the WMP options from the right-click menu

Wayne

Comment

• JohnSparks
        • Sep 2005

There is no way to disable the shell integration on videozilla, its automatic and integral to the way the program functions.

I have a report in to the videozilla guys and they are looking into it. If I get a solution I will post it here.

It would be nice if the two programs could work together, one for audio, one for video.

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Wayne's post above yours mentioned ways to disable certain shell integrations of programs after they are installed. I know you can remove some things simply in the registry itself, but it doesn't work for shell pop-ups that only show for certain file-types.

Comment

• JohnSparks
            • Sep 2005

well

now I have found out that on some other computers dbpoweramp converter does work ok if videozilla is installed.

weird.

Comment

Working...

]]>