title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Solved: Optimized OGGENC binaries with Generic CLI

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lump1
    • Aug 2006

Solved: Optimized OGGENC binaries with Generic CLI

I think this is so cool that maybe somebody else will find it useful:

When I saw these optimized builds of oggenc, I naturally wondered if I could make it work with dMC. I succeeded.

Here's how you can do it:

First download the oggenc binary appropriate for your processor. Then install the Generic CLI plugin and make a new encoder. Here's the part that was tricky for me:

In the Command Line box, paste in what's inside the quotes below:

" -q 6 [InFile]"

Notice that the line begins with a space - it's important! The number indicates a quality setting; 6 should be about 200kbps, 4 about 130, etc.

What really made me happy is that the ID3 tags from the APE files I was converting showed up in the new OGGs! I'm really loving the Generic CLI plugin. It's the only plugin I use, since CLI encoders are released much faster than dMC can make plugins!
  • gameplaya15143
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2005

Re: Solved: Optimized OGGENC binaries with Generic CLI

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Use one of the cli dll's from the aotuv plugins, and you won't need a temp file anymore

Comment

• lump1
      • Aug 2006

Re: Solved: Optimized OGGENC binaries with Generic CLI

This is neat, but the encoder.txt doesn't work with dMC12. Is there an updated version available? One thing I don't know how to do in version 12 is to add the box for extra command-line options - a very useful thing to know how to do!

Comment

Working...

]]>