title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Folder Names in "Music Library" Aren't Updating

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AudibleImagery
    replied
    Re: Folder Names in "Music Library" Aren't Updating

Originally posted by Spoon
    As I thought, you file contains 3 different ID Tags:

Apev2
    ID3v1
    ID3v2

all containing different values. You are best installing ID Tag Update:

Then convert your files to this codec (select files >> convert to >> encoder set to ID Tag update, do not change any settings), it will write only one ID Tags, then make changes in other programs when there is only 1 ID Tag type.
    I already have ID Tag Update installed because I'm on Mac. I'll update the tags and report my results. Thank you for the help so far!

Leave a comment:

• Spoon
    replied

As I thought, you file contains 3 different ID Tags:

Apev2
    ID3v1
    ID3v2

all containing different values. You are best installing ID Tag Update:

Then convert your files to this codec (select files >> convert to >> encoder set to ID Tag update, do not change any settings), it will write only one ID Tags, then make changes in other programs when there is only 1 ID Tag type.

Leave a comment:

• AudibleImagery
    replied

Upload one of the files to drop box and provide a link please.
    Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/29xi6s1hi7...20Die.mp3?dl=0

Leave a comment:

• Spoon
    replied

Upload one of the files to drop box and provide a link please.

Leave a comment:

• AudibleImagery
    replied

Then the tag changes have not been written to the files, you can verify by using a different program such as mp3tag to look at the ID Tags.
    MediaInfo and JRiver see the actual written tags as does every other non-Illustrate application including Finder, XLD, and mp3tag, which I just checked. DBPoweramp and PerfectTunes are the only applications that use the old tags.
    Last edited by AudibleImagery; 04-01-2023, 05:36 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Spoon
    replied

Then the tag changes have not been written to the files, you can verify by using a different program such as mp3tag to look at the ID Tags.

Leave a comment:

• AudibleImagery
    replied

In PerfectTUNES ID Tag, use the File and Folder browsing and browse to the location of the files, they will list and you say they are showing the old tags?

Right click on ones of the files, this will show a tag editor window, which will read from the file, rather than use the database, what is shown?
    Yeah, both PerfectTunes ID Tag and the tag editor window are showing the old tags.

Leave a comment:

• Spoon
    replied

In PerfectTUNES ID Tag, use the File and Folder browsing and browse to the location of the files, they will list and you say they are showing the old tags?

Right click on ones of the files, this will show a tag editor window, which will read from the file, rather than use the database, what is shown?

Leave a comment:

• AudibleImagery
    replied

You would need to verify the tags by another means, use the ID Tag program of PerfectTUNES and browse to the folder and ensure the tags are correct.
    So DBPoweramp and PerfectTunes sees the old tags but MediaInfo and JRiver see the actual tags. How do I update DBPoweramp and PerfectTunes to see the correct tags?

Leave a comment:

• Spoon
    replied

You would need to verify the tags by another means, use the ID Tag program of PerfectTUNES and browse to the folder and ensure the tags are correct.

Leave a comment:

• AudibleImagery
    replied

The tracks are stored on a NAS? if so you will have to clear the database and rescan on the control center
    They're not on a NAS but I have already tried clearing the database and rescanning.

Leave a comment:

• Spoon
    replied

The tracks are stored on a NAS? if so you will have to clear the database and rescan on the control center

Leave a comment:

• AudibleImagery
    replied

Ordinarily changing the ID tags would not change folder or file names, what were you using to change the ID Tags?
    I write most of my tags on the fly with JRiver Media Center and then its Rename, Move, & Copy Files tool can change the file locations and folder structures depending on how the tags are written. I recently updated the tool to include catalog numbers in the folder names and I also removed a bunch of special characters from folders and tags that I was using as a code to indicate things like low quality, incomplete album, etc and as a result 1000s of tags and folders were replaced but PerfectTunes isn't reflecting those changes.
    Last edited by AudibleImagery; 03-25-2023, 03:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Spoon
    replied

Ordinarily changing the ID tags would not change folder or file names, what were you using to change the ID Tags?

Leave a comment:

• AudibleImagery
    replied

The album art program displays album names from the ID Tags contained within the files, not the folder names. First use the ID Tag program to update those albums.
    The ID Tags were updated (which is what led to new folder names and a new folder structure) prior to rescanning my library with PerfectTunes but PerfectTunes is still using the old tags.

Leave a comment:

Working...

]]>