title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

external CD drive icon not showing in My PC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hitarth
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2017

external CD drive icon not showing in My PC

hello everyone !!
    i just noticed, the external CD drive icon is not showing in This PC.
    I am using an Apple Super Drive GX50N, to use this drive on a PC one needs to install its driver.
    the drive is functioning 100% in all features ( i.e. ripping, burning etc ).
    the question - incase i re install the driver, so i can see the drive in This PC, will it affect the ripper setting in dBpower ??
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

We have never heard of a CD drive requiring drivers to operate, the OS should automatically detect the drive. How is it connected?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hitarth
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
      We have never heard of a CD drive requiring drivers to operate, the OS should automatically detect the drive. How is it connected?
      sir,
      yes, in a normal circumstance yes, the OS has the built in driver.
      as i mentioned, i am using a External USB Apple SuperDrive.
      for this this one as to download the bootcamp (i am using the bootcamp v5.1.5722).
      you unzip this & find your way thru to bootcamp v5.1.5722\bootcamp\drivers\AppleODDInstaller64.
      you will be able to use the Apple external Superdrive CD/DVD player / burner on a windows pc after runing the AppleODDInstaller64.
      i have been using this apple drive for some years now for ripping.

Comment

Working...

]]>