title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Question About AMG Lookups (and Errors)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MTWolf
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Mar 2011

Question About AMG Lookups (and Errors)

Just recently I have noticed that AMG lookups are producing more errors (bad meta data) than I have ever seen in the past. This isn't just that AMG didn't have the CD info,The meta data that AMG Returned was only partially correct, and sometimes it looked like the data had been purposely damaged. I have seen cases where the same track name is repeated several times in the track list, Tracks are not in the correct order, and in one case the CD info returned had the wrong number of tracks. I also see a lot of [UnTitled Track] entries and some times just the word TRACK with the track number (and yes this is what AMG Returned). When I review the meta data, GD3/MusicBrainz/Freedb have it correctly and AMG is way out in left field. It's not a Major issue, but in the last run of 800 discs I did I found about 8 CD's were the meta data was "Corrupted". I went back and manually reripped them and the Corrupted Meta data was coming from AMG. Has anyone else seen this Or is AMG's database corrupted?

Thanks.
Working...

]]>