title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Metadata issue: bug and/or feature request?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RadicalDad
    • Jan 2011

Metadata issue: bug and/or feature request?

I have CDs where the tracks have different artists and different genres. Mostly this happens on orchestral works. When I click on Review Metadata to check out whether I want to keep the multiple genres, the genre from track 1 is copied to all the tracks. Sometimes this also happens with the artist.

It seems that clicking on View Track-Artists will sometimes create the same behavior in the composer field, and very occasionally in the artist field. Methinks I've also seen it with other metadata, but I haven't been tracking these last items that closely (yet).

I also note that recovering the "original" metadata that dbpoweramp got from the Internet can be hit or miss when this has happened. Clicking on the (retrieve) ID Tag Meta button will sometimes re-populate the fields, sometimes not. I've tried adding and removing various check-marks from the retrieve options, especially removing the check-mark from the dbpoweramp cache, but this doesn't seem to help. It still seems hit or miss. Sometimes a re-start of dbpoweramp helps, sometimes a computer reboot helps, and sometimes nothing at all helps. Again, this would seem to be a bug.

The feature request for genre would be the ability to create different genres by track for an album. That could be done in the Review Metadata screen if genre were available by track. It could also be done in the main screen by having the ability to edit each track's genre field, just like you can edit each track's title by clicking on it. The main screen would actually be my preference. Either way would work, though.
Working...

]]>