title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Audible Splitting

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stsanford
    • Jan 2005

Audible Splitting

Hi,
    I was wondering if there's anyone who has successfully taken an audible download and split it. I have a umber of books that I want split into chapters. Audible's Burn utility does this, but at this point, the only way I'm able to rip to individual MP3s is to burn to CDs and then rip from the CDs.

Thanks for your help!
    STS
  • adaywayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2004

Re: Audible Splitting

Originally posted by stsanford
    Hi,
    I was wondering if there's anyone who has successfully taken an audible download and split it. I have a umber of books that I want split into chapters. Audible's Burn utility does this, but at this point, the only way I'm able to rip to individual MP3s is to burn to CDs and then rip from the CDs.

Thanks for your help!
    STS
    Not sure if this is what you are asking, but there are plenty of programs that will split wave and/or mp3 files which are already on your hard-drive. One free splitter is Audacity at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

here is another one. it is freeware : http://www.waschbusch.com/software.htm

Comment

• stsanford
        • Jan 2005

Thanks so much for your feedback. It's great to have people who know this stuff (I'm very new to this conversion stuff!)

Thanks!

Comment

• tjtonytj
          • May 2005

Originally posted by stsanford
          Hi,

Thanks for your help!
          STS
          I was wondering what you found about converting your .aa audiobooks!! I do NOT burn my audible.com books to CD first, too much time; however, I am able to create the CD files and then merily convert the wavs to MP3; in order to do this you need the FIRST version of AudibleManager, because in that version alone it allows you to determine where the temporary files are created to burn the CDs, and then I make sure that the CD does NOT burn immediately; this gives me time to rename the newly created files and then I cancel the CD burn and move to the next; simple!!

Comment

• douglasmhurst
            • Jun 2006

If you can get the .aa file converted to .mp3, you and get a cheap sound editor from www.polderbits.com to do the splitting. I think it's about $35 or less.

Comment

Working...

]]>