title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

always saying "insert disk" ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

always saying "insert disk" ???

"DMC audio CD Input" never recognize audio CD !
    I run the last version (10) on 2 config one with Win2000 then other with Win XP.

and the prog says "insert Audio CD.."

Any idea ?

On the other hand the .cda conversion is ok !

Thanks in advance for any tip !
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: always saying "insert disk" ???

There is a recent thread from a user with a similar problem who also is getting an error message referencing winaspi.dll. The following, courtesy of Spoon, is what worked for this user:

"Start >> Programs >> dBpowerAMP Music Converter >> Configuration >> dMC CD Input Configuration
    set the CD Communication to '2000 / NT Device IO' " You might want to try this if you are getting the same winaspi.dll error message.

The more likely possibility is that you have two drives and your Audio CD Input is set for the other drive than the one you are attempting to rip from. To set it to the correct drive from the Audio CD Input screen click on the menu button that says Options (not on the arrow beside it). A Window will open up labelled "dMC Audio CD Input Options". Click on the line with the CD icon where it says "CD Drive" and you will be able to select the correct drive.

Hope this helps.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Unregistered

Thanks for your answer !

Your first suggestion is ok for the WInXP config (set the CD Communication to '2000 / NT Device IO' instead of 'ASPI') but not for the WIN2000 one.

I checked your second point but no error.

Any idea with a win2000 config with a combo CDRW

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Make sure logged on as Administrator (or use the other 'Built-in option' from same menu)
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bighair

Hey Spoon. I'm having the same problem, however it seems specific to certain CD's. I just purchased 8 new CD's. Some are old releases and they retrieve just fine. However the following new releases, Def Leppard - X, Joe Satriani - Is There Love In Space and Tesla - Into The Now will not read in the drive. Several Refreshes eventually bring up 1 track reference to another cd entirely of a cd I burned a while back. I have tried uninstalling almost everything except the Power Pack and reinstalling.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

• Wayne
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Aug 2002

Could the recent CDs have some sort of copy protection present on them?

Wayne

Comment

• Bighair

FYI: I'm not sure what the difference on the cd's would be, but I tried to play a track from the Tesla cd using the audio player and it didn't see the cd. I tried to play it using iTunes and sure enough it played.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

If you put the CD in and look in explorer, does it say d:\track01.cda, etc?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bighair

Yup. All the tracks show up as .cda like any other cd.

It's almost as if there is something different about the index track on the cd that it's not reading it properly.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Try 'Options Menu >> Standard CD Player Emulation' and tick the option (alternative read I think it is called).
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Bighair

Hey Spoon. Once again you know your stuff. Not sure if the setting was always this or not, but the Standard CD Emulation was set to Table of Contents Detection. When I changed this suddenly it was reading the new Joe Satriani cd. I expect this will work on the others.

Great job. I hope this works for the other fellow too.

Cheers mate.

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by xoas
                        There is a recent thread from a user with a similar problem who also is getting an error message referencing winaspi.dll. The following, courtesy of Spoon, is what worked for this user:

"Start >> Programs >> dBpowerAMP Music Converter >> Configuration >> dMC CD Input Configuration
                        set the CD Communication to '2000 / NT Device IO' " You might want to try this if you are getting the same winaspi.dll error message.

The more likely possibility is that you have two drives and your Audio CD Input is set for the other drive than the one you are attempting to rip from. To set it to the correct drive from the Audio CD Input screen click on the menu button that says Options (not on the arrow beside it). A Window will open up labelled "dMC Audio CD Input Options". Click on the line with the CD icon where it says "CD Drive" and you will be able to select the correct drive.

Hope this helps.
                        Best wishes,
                        Bill Mikkelsen
                        Bill just want to say thank you for you're knowledgeable insight I was having this same problem...as I also have two drives it wasn't recognizing my CD drive
                        until I read you're reply.....works like a charm. Tip my hat to you

Comment

Working...

]]>