title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mp3 to wave

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lsarge13
    • Dec 2003

mp3 to wave

I try to convert mp3 lame to wave or mp3 lame to anything else and I get an error that says "the codec for decompress of..........can not be found. I have this problem with dmc9 and 10. I can convert from cd to wave and then from wave to mp3 lame or to what ever else I want, but not vice versa. Is there a decompression codec for mp3 lame?
  • Joseph
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2002

Re: mp3 to wave

Try this, When converting from MP3 to Wave, under the settings in Wave, choose the following:

Converting 1 File to Wave -

- Bits As Source | Freq As Source | Channels As Source

Then click convert, and tell me if you still get the error.

Comment

• lsarge13
      • Dec 2003

When I do as you suggested I receive this message The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\My Documents\01 Slayed.mp3' could not be opened. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same. Is there a certain codec to decompress mp3 lame?

Comment

• Joseph
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Oct 2002

Yes it should be located Here on your computer-

"C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Multiplayer\Input\mp3. dll"

You can download the one in use by Release 10 here

One other question. Do you happen to have the MP3Pro Codec installed by any chance?

Comment

• lsarge13
          • Dec 2003

I do have the mp3pro codec. I downloaded every codec that I thought might work.

Comment

• lsarge13
            • Dec 2003

I went back and looked at the mp3pro codec, because I was wondering why you mentioned it. I followed the instructions about the winamp and downloaded the other codec from mp3pro and I can convert my mp3s back to wave without going through my cd collection for the songs. thank you.

Comment

• Joseph
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
              • Oct 2002

Cool! Glad I could help! :smile2:

Comment

• Unregistered

I have a file that I downloaded which is in the MP3 Pro format. MusicMatch jukebox will not convert it to wave. Tried, DBPowers AMC downloaded all codecs I though were necessary. In both cases, the file starts to convert and when suddenly goes to 100% but it is only about 5,000 kb when it should probably be 50,000 kb. It does the same on both programs

Can you tell me what is wrong?

Thanks,
                Lady Day

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Unregistered
                  I have a file that I downloaded which is in the MP3 Pro format. MusicMatch jukebox will not convert it to wave. Tried, DBPowers AMC downloaded all codecs I though were necessary. In both cases, the file starts to convert and when suddenly goes to 100% but it is only about 5,000 kb when it should probably be 50,000 kb. It does the same on both programs

Can you tell me what is wrong?

Thanks,
                  Lady Day
                  Can you paly this file in any player at all?

Comment

• xoas
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Apr 2002

Lady Day-
                    Are you sure you followed all the instructions for the mp3 decoder codec, as follows:
                    Important: Follow these instructions to get mp3PRO to function:

Frstly install the mp3pro WINAMP Plugin you can get it from www.mp3pro.com
                    Next Extract mp3PRO decoder from Winamp and install in dBpowerAMP -

1) Browse to the Winamp Plugins Folder (normally C:\Program Files\Winamp\Plugins),
                    2) Find the Input plug-in required, it will be called in_mp3PRO.dll,
                    3) Copy this file to C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Multiplayer\input\in_m p3PRO\
                    4) DELETE the existing dBpowerAMP mp3 decoder file C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\Multiplayer\input\mp3. dll
                    5) Restart dBpowerAMP and the new file type can be played,
                    Notes:

*** When using the mp3PRO Codec - CROSSFADE has to be switched off (Winamp plugins are not multistream compatible) ***

If dMC or dAP are updated the file mp3.dll has to be deleted once more
                    First the instructions ask you to download and install the WinAmp mp3pro decoder, then to download and install the dMC mp3Pro decoder. Then you need to copy the WinAmp in_mp3PRO.dll file to the designated spot in the dBpowerAMP Multiplayer input folder and delete the dMC Multiplayer input folder for mp3.dll.

If you have followed these instructions then it might help to know the characteristics of the mp3PRO file you are trying to convert in terms of bitrate, frequency and channels and also the characteristics of the wav file you are trying to create in terms of bits, frequency, channels and whether you are trying to create a compressed wav file.
                    Best wishes,
                    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>