title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Which Codecs do I need?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gatorbait
    • Jun 2003

Which Codecs do I need?

I just installed DMC and I'm trying to convert my CD files to MP3. When I attempt to do this, I receive this message:

The CODEC required to decompress 'D:\Track01.cda' could not be opened.
    Unable to access CD Drive 'D:\Track01.cda'

I tried downloading several codecs that I thought were pertinent, but none worked (I've since deleted them from my computer).

Could you recommend the appropriate codecs that would enable me to convert CD audio to MP3's? BTW, my OS is Win '98

Also, how do I configure Accurip?

TIA
    Last edited by gatorbait; 09-28-2003, 03:56 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Which Codecs do I need?

You have all the right codecs, try using the program 'Audio CD Input'.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gatorbait
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
      You have all the right codecs, try using the program 'Audio CD Input'.
      Hey Spoon,

Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately, Audio CD input won't read any files. Can't click and drag files onto the screen either. When I click on "insert audio cd" nothing loads, nothing happens. Tried right clicking on individual CDA files and I wind up with the same codec error message that I got in the music converter.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again.
      Last edited by gatorbait; 09-28-2003, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• gatorbait
        • Jun 2003

Problem solved! Turns out it was the ASPI drivers. I had been running Adaptec's v4.71.1 which didn't work with/support any ripping freeware (My OS is Win 98, but I here there are similar problems with XP).

The cure: http://aspi.radified.com/ --use this link to find out about ASPI drivers.

Use this link to find out about installing an earlier version of the ASPI drivers (v.4.60) that appears to be compatible with just about everything: http://radified.com/ASPI/forceaspi.htm
        It includes a utility to let you know what version of the ASPI drivers your pc is running.

BTW, dmc audio cd input is by far the best freeware I've tested (I've tried 3 other programs today). By far the worst ripping program is v.9 of the Windows Media Player. FWIW

Comment

Working...

]]>