title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to remove silence using auto-start auto-end (aux-input) ?

How to remove silence using auto-start auto-end (aux-input) ?

I have one mp3 file of 5hr live seminar recording. Is there a way using this as an input to Aux-Input and use Auto start/auto end feature to remove silence ? Or I need to play that mp3 with one computer and input the sound to another one ?

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru
    you could just right click over the file and select convert too then use the powerpack options and load the "remove silence".

how big is the file? and what bitrate is it in?

Quote Originally Posted by Razgo
    you could just right click over the file and select convert too then use the powerpack options and load the "remove silence".

how big is the file? and what bitrate is it in?
    Originally is MP3 44,100kHz; Mon; 128-192 Kbps; This is the setting using the Advance MP3/WMA Recorder to record session in Paltalk

Then I convert using Lame 3.04 a14 with --preset voice ( 56kbps/mono)

The file is 110min 43,336KB in size.

I don't see that option under Power Pack. Not under convert to Wave, MP3 or mp4

Runing dmC Release 10 (Beta 8)
    Power Pack Release 3
    Sveta Portable Audio Release 4 (Beta 2)
    Apple iPod Release 4

dBpoweramp Guru
    sorry, i meant powerpack DSP button. it's easily missed.

and then you should see this:

sorry, i meant powerpack DSP button. it's easily missed.

and then you should see this:

Found it. But does this only remove silence at beginning and at end ?
    I need something that remove silence anywhere during the session.
    For example remove all silence that have signal below 4% that is longer than 5 second.

dBpoweramp Guru
    i'm not 100% sure. you might have to do some testing. i figured if the ticks were left out, it would scan all the way through.

i see what your getting at with "auxiliary input" now, as it can be fine tuned a bit better.

depends on your sound card though. for me it's SBlive value!

if you have this then simply start up "auxiliary input" then select options and input source, then select "what you here" for the input. then start up dap music player and play your recording and auxiliary input will now pick up the sound.

dBpoweramp Guru
    PS,
    if you have a "wave" option when you select input source, then that will do it too.

PS,
    if you have a "wave" option when you select input source, then that will do it too.
    The only possible input for recording are CD Player, Line In, and Mic which is not ideal, since foobar2000 or dab musc player output their sound through wave.

dBpoweramp Guru
    i just want to cover all bases here. what sound card do you have?

i'm running win98 so things might be different for you here. but i go into my control panel and select "multimedia" and then click on "playback" and then a new panel appears called "play control" then select option and then properties to reveal further options like microphone , auxiliary, etc..., it is there i have an option to tick wav/directsound/mp3.

you have something like this?

i just want to cover all bases here. what sound card do you have?

i'm running win98 so things might be different for you here. but i go into my control panel and select "multimedia" and then click on "playback" and then a new panel appears called "play control" then select option and then properties to reveal further options like microphone , auxiliary, etc..., it is there i have an option to tick wav/directsound/mp3.

you have something like this?
    I'm running winxp and the sound card is the build in sound chip Avance AC97 Audio from my Asus motherboard. The only place to tick wav is at the playback mixer not the recording mixer.

Quote Originally Posted by thariman
    I'm running winxp and the sound card is the build in sound chip Avance AC97 Audio from my Asus motherboard. The only place to tick wav is at the playback mixer not the recording mixer.

I got it to work on my laptop it have mono mix and stereo mix on the mixer. But now I hit the 20 track limitation since there are more silence than that.
    Last edited by thariman; 08-06-2003 at 06:43 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru
    there is no track limit, just type in 500 or whatever :D

I haven't given up yet. i think it might be just a windows codec that could be instaqlled to enable this wav record option to appear.

there is no track limit, just type in 500 or whatever :D

I haven't given up yet. i think it might be just a windows codec that could be instaqlled to enable this wav record option to appear.

Ok I thought the max is what is display on the pull down menu.

I'm going to search for the sound driver also and see what happen.

dBpoweramp Guru
    do you have an option called "stereo mix" in your multimedia properties? and this is selectable through "auxiliary input" in dbpoweramp? see if that works.

do you have an option called "stereo mix" in your multimedia properties? and this is selectable through "auxiliary input" in dbpoweramp? see if that works.

I found it. It seems that by default my sound card hide mono mix and stereo mix. Need to go to Options/properties (under recording control) to enable it.

Thank you for your help. This will make my life a lot easier than doing it manually through sound editor.