title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ripping from CD speeds

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasonrak
    • May 2003

ripping from CD speeds

so i downloaded the music converter and just downloaded the power pack...from what i read i was supposed to get great speeds with power pack...before i added power pack, it took about 9-10 mins to rip a cd...with power pack, it says ripping to ram at x12.0 (approx) and it takes about 81/2 - 9 mins to rip a cd...really nothing of a jump considering power pack is supposed to make it better...im on the trial and i would be happy to pay for the power pack and register it when my 30 days are up cause i think its a good program, but not if it is gonna take me 10 mins to rip a cd...does anybody know what could be causing this or what i can do? I have rip to RAM checked and rip and encode at same time checked as well in the power pack options box...any and all help would be appreciated to increase my speed...otherwise I'll have to go back to Creative's Playcenter to rip (it is actually much much faster but i hate using it)...
    Thanks!!
    -jason
    jasonrak@hotmail.com
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

What is causing the slow down in your case is not the ripping of the CD (which the Power Pack speeds up), rather the encoding of the audio to mp3. dBpowerAMP uses the Lame mp3 encoder, you cannot get any better, try both Lame and creative playcenter you should hear a real difference around 128Kbps. In Codec Central there are faster mp3 encoders you can download, but I don't recommend them because you are trading that for crappy sounding mp3 files.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

the thing is the "powerpack" is not just about speed alone. it has a plethora of features that come with it. this is no other like it.

Comment

Working...

]]>