title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to access AMG & MusicBrainz data

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GilbertoGil
    • May 2010

Unable to access AMG & MusicBrainz data

I just noticed that I am no longer seeing AMG and MusicBrainz data in the PerfectMeta review screen. I have 334 days left in my PerfectMeta subscription and have verified the following are checked:

PerfectMeta (Intelligent Lookup)
    All Media Guide [Internet]
    MusicBrainz [Internet]
    Allow dBpoweramp to access the Internet

When I try Retrieve From: All Media Guide or Retrieve From: MusicBrainz I get an hourglass, but then no data is retrieved.

I have also checked and verified the availability of GD3 and freedb. They both appear in the Review PerfectMeta Matches screen and when I try Retrieve From: GD3 or Retrieve From: freedb the tooltip over the Meta button dropdown reads Meta Source: GD3 or Meta Source: freedb respectively. There is nothing other than the default tooltip ("Retrieve ID tags from the Internet") when I Retrieve From: Retrieve From: All Media Guide or Retrieve From: MusicBrainz.

I have restarted the software, rebooted my system and turned off my firewall to no effect.

dBpoweramp Configuration shows that I have dBpoweramp Music Converter: Registered Reference Release 13.5. I just did an upgrade to v13.5 from v13.3 where it was working.

The CDs that I have tried are common rock albums that I can see are in both AMG and MusicBrainz databases.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm sure I am missing something obvious.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Unable to access AMG & MusicBrainz data

Yesterday I had reports there were issues with certain databases, try again today.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GilbertoGil
      • May 2010

I am still experiencing the issue with no data from AMG and MusicBrainz. When I get the chance I will uninstall and re-install dBpoweramp and see if that makes a difference.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

I tested all 4 the other day and were all functioning correctly.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GilbertoGil
          • May 2010

OK, it appears to be working now.

The re-installation did not fix the problem. However, after many systematic attempts at unchecking/restarting/checking/restarting the Metadata providers and stopping/starting the Sunbelt firewall it is finally pulling data from all providers again

I am not sure what finally reset things, but am just glad it is working. I could not isolate any one thing that caused it to fail to retrieve data.

Oh well. Thanks anyway.

Comment

• bootieday
            • Jun 2010

This is happening for me too. Definitely a real problem, several people have noticed it here.

Comment

• bootieday
              • Jun 2010

Working now after updating to v13.5, rebooting, and giving it a little time... Perhaps some handshaking issue with the validation of the license.. who knows...

Comment

Working...

]]>