title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No track time duration counter after ripping to flac.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jagmaster
    • May 2016

No track time duration counter after ripping to flac.

Hello all, so I've recently bought dBpoweramp and I'm slowly getting getting to grips with it. A problem I can't solve though is that the tracks I've ripped to flac are lacking the track time duration counter and just contain these symbols -- --. Also I can't seem to fast forward or rewind during playback of flac tracks.

Is this just a limitation of flac files or have I done something wrong? Thanks.
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: No track time duration counter after ripping to flac.

Hey jagmaster,

to me it sounds more than a problem of your player than a problem of dbpa. What OS and what player are you using?

Dat Ei

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by jagmaster
      Is this just a limitation of flac files or have I done something wrong? Thanks.
      This is not a limitation of FLAC files. So as Dat Ei points out, the problem lies elsewhere.

Comment

• jagmaster
        • May 2016

Originally posted by Dat Ei
        Hey jagmaster,

to me it sounds more than a problem of your player than a problem of dbpa. What OS and what player are you using?

Dat Ei
        Thanks for replying Dat Ei.

I've ripped the tracks on Windows 7 Ultimate, transfered them to a flash drive and connected that to a Sansui wld201 network player to play them.

It displays the track time when I play mp3 files but not flac for some strange reason. I think I'll rip some flac tracks using another program and if I get the same results I'll have to put it down as a limitation of the player.

Comment

Working...

]]>