title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Transcode and preserve ID3v1 & ID3V2 tags?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TakuSkan

• Feb 2009

Transcode and preserve ID3v1 & ID3V2 tags?

I've been trying to determine this for a day or two. I finally downloaded a trial version of dbpoweramp and ran it on some ~192kbps MP3s I want to transcode down to ~128kbps MP3s.

I'm glad to see that the album art in the ID3v2 tags were copied to the transcoded file. But only the ID3v2 tag was copied. The ID3v1 tags were not copied.

Is dbpoweramp able to copy over any other types of MP3 tags besides ID3v2? I wasn't able to get any ID3v2 lyrics tags to copy over to transcoded files with dbpoweramp. Is that possible or not?

Also, I'm guessing dbpoweramp converts IDv2.3 tags to IDv2.4 tags when transcoding. Unfortunately my favorite mass-tagging software, Gearvolt, isn't able to recognize IDv2.4 tags. Is it possible for dbpoweramp to write to ID3v2.3 tags instead of ID3v2.4 tags?

Thx
    TS
    Last edited by TakuSkan; February 03, 2009, 12:02 AM.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Re: Transcode and preserve ID3v1 & ID3V2 tags?

No, dMC only does up to ID3v2.3, it does not support 2.4 tags.

Go into dBpoweramp Configuration, to the codecs tab, click Advanced, and change mp3 tagging to ID3v2 & ID3v1.

Comment

• TakuSkan

• Feb 2009

Re: Transcode and preserve ID3v1 & ID3V2 tags?

Go into dBpoweramp Configuration, to the codecs tab, click Advanced, and change mp3 tagging to ID3v2 & ID3v1.
      Oh... great. Thanks.

Originally posted by LtData
      No, dMC only does up to ID3v2.3, it does not support 2.4 tags.
      I'm happy to hear that. I was going back to the possibility of having to FooBar2000 for transcoding. But FB2K only writes to ID3v3.4 tags. I got feedback on the Hydrogen forum saying the developers had problems with ID3v2.3 compatibility. I'd would have ditch Gearvolt if I went that route. Happily I can still use it with dbpoweramp transcodes.

Thx
      TS

Comment

Working...

]]>