title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

can i convert wave to mid?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

can i convert wave to mid?

i'd like to convert wav or mp3 files in mid files.what can i do? please help me
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: can i convert wave to mid?

dBppowerAMP Music Converter cannot, to the best of my knowledge, convert wav or any other format to .mid. You will need another program to accomplish that. There may be some free things out there and if another user has some recommendations perhaps they will share them. Some research on my part yielded the following limk for some programs which will do the trick I have no experience with any of them):

Hope this helps.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• petriburg
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2002

This question is one which pops up from time to time, and the answer is never very conclusive. I would suggest you have a look at this website for a short treatise on the problem which faces you.

This outlilnes the differences between midi and other digital media. Good luck with your quest.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

The best you can hope to achieve with any wav-to-midi program is when you start with a resonably simple wav file and you can get an approximation of the melody, rendered by midi, where you select the instrment that you wish to render your melody. It's supposed to be about 90% accurate which is not saying very much. In fact, from my tests it's pretty horrible, but it can help for instance strip the melody line from a song and allows you to get the music notation for it.

I have tried Amazing MIDI and WIDI (http://www.widisoft.com/) - same results by and large.

Comment

Working...

]]>