title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Why is there no Codec for MIDI support?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIDIFreak
    • Nov 2004

Why is there no Codec for MIDI support?

:confused: The only thing I have been able to do with my MIDI files is convert their extensions. Now they are horribly distorted Mp4 Audio files, and when I try to convert them to any other format, the music converter "encounters an error and needs to close". Could you please help me with this problem? Perhaps a more advanced "Rename Extension" Codec which allows the user to convert the extension to something other than .mp4, .m4a, and .m4v.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Why is there no Codec for MIDI support?

Originally posted by MIDIFreak
    :confused: The only thing I have been able to do with my MIDI files is convert their extensions. Now they are horribly distorted Mp4 Audio files, and when I try to convert them to any other format, the music converter "encounters an error and needs to close". Could you please help me with this problem? Perhaps a more advanced "Rename Extension" Codec which allows the user to convert the extension to something other than .mp4, .m4a, and .m4v.
    It's not the extension it's that midi is not audio as such. The only way to "convert" midi is to use a program like dMC Auxiliary Input and record it to wav through the soundcard as it is being played by a player like WIndwos Media PLayer or dAP, or any other.

Comment

Working...

]]>