title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Saving Asset UPnP configuration settings before upgrading to release R23-05-15

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IndyBaird
    • Jan 2018

Saving Asset UPnP configuration settings before upgrading to release R23-05-15

I have a registered version of Asset UPnP Release 7 running on Windows Pro 10.

When I upgraded to Asset UPnP release R2023-05-15, all of my configurations settings were gone, i.e., it seems like everything was back to the original settings.

When I re-installed Asset UPnP Release 7, my configuration settings were back.

Is it possible to export or copy the settings from Release 7 and then import or copy those settings into release R2023-05-15?

Bill B.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Saving Asset UPnP configuration settings before upgrading to release R23-05-15

They use different configuration files, it is not possible to share between them.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• IndyBaird
      • Jan 2018

Re: Saving Asset UPnP configuration settings before upgrading to release R23-05-15

That's disappointing to hear.

Okay, let me ask this question then.

As I mentioned, I'm running Asset UPnP Release 7 running on Windows Pro 10.

When I upgraded to Windows Pro 11, all of my configurations settings were gone, i.e., it seems like everything was back to the original settings.

When I rolled back to Windows 10 Pro, my configuration settings were back.

Is it possible to export or copy the settings so that I don't lose my configuration settings when I upgrade to Windows 11 Pro whilst still using Release 7 ?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

That is windows changing the location of the configuration files, on Windows 10 click the browse option in configuration advanced page, save all those files, then when upgrade Win11 do the same and replace those files.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• IndyBaird
          • Jan 2018

Thank you. I'll give that a try.

Comment

• IndyBaird
            • Jan 2018

That did not seem to work.

I brought up Windows 11 Pro, and I went to the Advanced Settings\General Settings\Configuration Folder and clicked "Open in Explorer".

It said that the "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\ Roaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary" did not exist.

So I copied the uMediaLibrary files I had copied when still under Windows 10 Pro to the missing location above, and hit the "Restart Asset" button.

That did not change anything - the configuration was still the default starting configuration.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

It is possible the location is:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\R oaming\dBpoweramp\uMediaLibrary
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>