title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

'No Drive Selected' on MacBook M1

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisK
    • Mar 2024

'No Drive Selected' on MacBook M1

Hi,

I have a MacBook M1 running Sonoma 14.4 and an Apple USB SuperDrive, however whenever I connect the SuperDrive (using a USB-C adapter) I cannot get the app to recognise the SuperDrive and when I click on the 'Show additional options' icon it says 'No drive selected'.

I have changed the macOS Security Permissions as suggested, although after I have selected 'Full Disk Access' I noticed that it doesn't enable me to select any options under 'Files and Folders' - it just says 'Full Disk Access'. I have also changed the settings so that whenever a CD is loaded, it opens in dBpoweramp.

From looking at previous posts, I think it must be something to do with the security settings on my MacBook and I do have Intego installed, but I have checked my settings and connections are allowed for dBpoweramp.

I'll admit, I'm not very tech savvy and it looks like I have fallen at the first hurdle in using the software, but if anyone has any advice, I'd be very grateful.

I'm wondering whether buying a different CD drive (eg an Asus ZenDrive U9M) would help, or would the issue I'm experiencing be the same regardless of the drive connected?

Thanks in advance

Chris
  • PeterP
    Super Moderator
    • Jul 2011

Re: 'No Drive Selected' on MacBook M1

Is there a disc present in the drive?
    On Mac OS a drive is invisible to all apps until there is a disc in it. It should be detected by dBpoweramp as soon as you insert a disc.

If a disc is inserted, is it shown in Finder and the desktop?

Comment

• ChrisK
      • Mar 2024

Re: 'No Drive Selected' on MacBook M1

Thanks for coming back to me.

Rather foolishly, I hadn't tried another disc and when I did it worked straight away. It's odd because my MacBook read the content of both CDs (it's a double album) well enough, but nothing came up in dBpoweramp. I had encountered similar problems when trying to rip it to iTunes, so although it's a new purchase I'll chalk it up to being faulty discs. Not the end of the world.

Thanks again and next time I'll try a different album!

Chris

Comment

Working...

]]>