title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset UPnP is not showing up.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jgeffen
    • Feb 2024

Re: Asset UPnP is not showing up.

Yes, a raw device description.

Comment

• Jgeffen
      • Feb 2024

Unfortunately, I am away for 5 days.
      But I will read your suggestions coming in and test them asap!
      Thanks to you all for helping me!

Gr. Jos.

Comment

• Jgeffen
        • Feb 2024

Hi Peter, do you have any suggestions left?

Comment

• PeterP
          Super Moderator
          • Jul 2011

I'm sorry but I couldn't come up with a good explanation for what you're experiencing.
          The Asset service is obviously running and is accessible from your network but isn't discoverable - discovery (multicast UDP packets) is somehow blocked or discarded.

Are there any settings on your router that would prevent device discovery? Relevant keywords: multicast UDP, SSDP, UPnP

Is the NAS connected to your network using wifi or ethernet? Can you try switching ethernet ports of your router that the NAS is connected to?
          At one point I had a faulty port in my router that caused packet loss and UPnP devices connected to it would show up in maybe 1 out of 10 attempts to list devices on the network, fixed by cycling ports.

Comment

• Jgeffen
            • Feb 2024

Thanks PeterP, tomorrow I will dive into your suggestions...

Comment

• Jgeffen
              • Feb 2024

Hi Peter,

I can't find anything involved you mentioned. My NAS is connected with ethernet cables with a switch and also with cables from this switch to my computer and audio bridge. The Apple router is not directly involved. Using the Mac asset app, everything is working completely fine, but somehow the NAS/Asset is not advertising properly or something else is blocking, as you noted. A difficult one...

Gr. Jos.
              Last edited by Jgeffen; 02-26-2024, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• simbun
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2021

I assume all your other devices are discovering the NAS successfully i.e. you don't have to type the IP of the NAS in to access it?

What's the IP address and subnet mask of the NAS and one of the devices you're trying to connect with?

Failing all that I'd verify that it's the NAS by installing another UPnP server.

Comment

• Jgeffen
                  • Feb 2024

Solved!!

You brought me on the idea to change my fixed IP address that I was using for years already, and that was helping. Stupid that I didn't try this before.

After that I searched in my Router configuration for what was blocking and found a Mac-address reservation I put in years ago for my previous NAS.

So, my fault and sorry for this! I thought PeterP already mentioned this in one of his suggestions too.

Thank you all for helping me out!

Best regards from The Netherlands!

Jos
                  Last edited by Jgeffen; 02-29-2024, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>