title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Test Conversion - Still no report at the end if no errors?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Max Dread
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2013

Test Conversion - Still no report at the end if no errors?

Hi all

I read an old thread from 2014 which confirmed that if there's no report/nothing happens at the end of running Test Conversion, that means all is good and there are no errors or corruption.

Is that still the case with the most recent releases?

I've just finished testing my large library on my PC and on both backup drives. Not a single error - which is great.

But I must admit, after days of running the Test Conversion, I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of report when it ends telling me all is well. Apart from peace of mind, I could also save the log as a record for future reference.

Anyone else feel the same?

Cheers
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Test Conversion - Still no report at the end if no errors?

Noted
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Max Dread
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2013

Thank you

And in the meantime I can rest assured that nothing happening at the end of Test Conversion means everything is fine with the files (in my case it just returns me to the Batch Converter screen).

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Max Dread
        Thank you

And in the meantime I can rest assured that nothing happening at the end of Test Conversion means everything is fine with the files (in my case it just returns me to the Batch Converter screen).
        Correct, if it simply returns to the Batch Converter screen, it found NO errors. I just ran this on my ~140,000 tracks after copying to a new drive. Because it finished and simply returned back to the Batch Converter screen, I know that all the files passed the TEST CONVERSION with no errors. I agree that some indication of "completed with no errors" would be useful.

Comment

Working...

]]>