title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper not reading CD drive

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johanneswtrost
    • Jan 2013

CD Ripper not reading CD drive

I got a new computer, Windows 11 of course. I retrieved my dbPoweramp license and installed it. It worked fine, I ripped CDs, good that far. Today I want to rip a CD and dbPoweramp does not read the disc. I put in the old disc I just ripped a week ago and it doesn't read it either. I start Media Player and that software plays the disc. So it is narrowed down to the dnPoweramp software. What can I do?
  • johanneswtrost
    • Jan 2013

Re: CD Ripper not reading CD drive

I turned notifications back on and noticed when I start dbPoweramp I get a message "Unauthorized changes blocked Controlled folder access blocked C:\Program Files\..\CDGrab.exe". I was [playing with security settings and turned one on which kills the CD ripper. Will try to figure this out. If anyone knows, please save me some time.

Comment

• johanneswtrost
      • Jan 2013

Found it. It is in "reputation based protection settings". Turn off "check apps and files". I hate Windows.

Comment

• johanneswtrost
        • Jan 2013

Uuhh. There is more to it. I can read the disc now but it cannot rip. Will have to dig deeper.

Comment

• johanneswtrost
          • Jan 2013

Problem solved: Go to windows security / virus & thread protection / manage ransomware protection, turn off controlled folder access.

Comment

Working...

]]>