title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Wrong Meta

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hifinet
    • Aug 2011

Wrong Meta

Hi Spoon

Using dBpoweramp CD Ripper I’ve got the wrong Meta data. (It happens again with 5-6- CD’s)

-If I use itunes with the same CD’s on my Mac I don’t have this Problems.
    All Correct MetaData are there and also the right CD-Cover.
    What is wrong?

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Wrong Meta

Click review metadata, the correct one might be listed.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hifinet
      • Aug 2011

It don't work's. There are totally other title and Artist Meta. For example: correct Album is:"moreoreless jazz nine" - dBpoweramp CD Ripper shows: "The great escape"
      The Track length are different too.
      Maybe iTunes uses Gracenote Database für Meta. How can I search with Gracenote? The settings at dBpoweramp CD Ripper is freedb fix.

Comment

• Cronoc
        • Jan 2015

Having had this problem with a few CDs myself recently, try toggling some of the meta options off. Click the arrow next to the meta button and uncheck some of the sources. Generally, I've found that on the CDs that are mislabeled (a few 4 cd collections have been reading disc 3 as disc 1), unchecking All Media Guide and pressing the meta button again brought back correct results. AMG appears to be insistent about metadata and overrides the other sources. When this happens, if you go to review metadata all the information/sources will be blank also.

Comment

• Hifinet
          • Aug 2011

Thanks. When I uncheck Meta ( I did it step by step) I got no Meta or only the wrong Track times. In this case it is a CD Release 2011. As a test I checkend it with iTunes on a MacBook.(to See if it is something wrong with the CD) But I dont have this Problems with iTunes - Albumart an Titels and Time - everything is correct. What is my mistake?

Comment

• Cronoc
            • Jan 2015

You unchecked one source at a time and clicked the meta button to refresh after each? Try toggling all but one of the easier ones like musicbrainz or freedb. If that still gives you wrong metadata you might have just found a disc that Gracenote has a leg up on the competition with. A few minutes of your time and you could enter metadata in yourself if it comes down to it, I've done it a couple times.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

There are 2 million unique discs, obviously there will be disc in our 4 databases, which Gracenote does not have.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Hifinet
                • Aug 2011

OK, thanks a lot for your quick reply. (In my case I have some compilations from the label "California Sunset Records" but it is a german label based in Hamburg. Maybe they send not the Meta to Gracenote...?)

Comment

Working...

]]>