title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Still claiming Trial version after installing Reference for batch conversion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MKammerer
    • Dec 2014

Still claiming Trial version after installing Reference for batch conversion

Hallo,

we are using dBpoweramps scripting Interface for Batch conversion with the file dMCScripting_32bit.dll.
    The Software is old, so it does not know 64Bit.
    On a test Server the 15.1 Trial Version was installed, but it expired.
    So we bought the Reference Version today.
    I installed the registered Version over the Trial Version, maybe this was a fault of mine.

Now when our Software should convert a file, a window pops up saying:
    dBpoweramp Reference: Trial Expired
    Component Requires dBpoweramp Reference

In the configuration Dialog the Version info says:
    dBpoweramp 64-bit: Registered Reference
    Release 15.1

I already uninstalled all dBpoweramp components, rebooted and reinstalled everything. Did not help.

Is is possible to fix this without reinstalling the whole machine?
    Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
    Michael
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Still claiming Trial version after installing Reference for batch conversion

Sounds like you have 2 installs, run this:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

then restart Windows and reinstall the registered version.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MKammerer
      • Dec 2014

Re: Still claiming Trial version after installing Reference for batch conversion

Thank you for your help.
      I did this. Now the error message says:
      Component requires dBpoweramp Reference

I will ask our Software developer. Maybe this happens because of the usage of dMCScripting_32bit.dll which was copied into the Installation Directory manually?

Best regards,
      Michael

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes, each component of dBpoweramp is internally compiled as registered, also if you have the 64 bit version, you cannot replace with dMCScripting_32bit.dll and have 100% of it working.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MKammerer
          • Dec 2014

What I do not understand, is the delivered dMCScripting.dll a 64 Bit file even if I install the 32 Bit version of dBpoweramp with this right shift - double click trick?
          Our developer thinks so.

Sorry, I know my questions are annoying, but we need to get this thing running.

Comment

• MKammerer
            • Dec 2014

Our developer fixed it, so at the moment everything is fine.
            He thinks dMCScripting.dll is 64 Bit and extracted a 32 bit Version somehow.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

• mville
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by MKammerer
              Our developer fixed it, so at the moment everything is fine.
              He thinks dMCScripting.dll is 64 Bit and extracted a 32 bit Version somehow.
              Can you (or Spoon) explain or elaborate on the solution. For me, this is important information.

Comment

• MKammerer
                • Dec 2014

Sorry, I did not have my post in mind anymore.
                Our developer installed dBpoweramp on a 32 Bit machine and took the file from there.
                On a 64 Bit machine the setup routine seems to install the 64 Bit file even if the 32 Bit install was started with this right shift-double click trick.
                We think this behaviour is a bug.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

For the shell stuff to work, if 64 bit Windows is used, then 64 bit versions of the shell DLLs need to be installed otherwise the 64 bit Windows File Explorer would not load them, if you have a 3rd party 32 bit file explorer then is non-standard.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>