title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

forcing 32 bit installation not working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mountaineer
    • Dec 2014

forcing 32 bit installation not working

Hi,

I am trying to force the 32 bit install so I can use CD Writer. I have held down the right Shift key when double-clicking the install. It still tries to install in the Program Files folder rather than the Program Files (x86) folder. I want to have one program that will Rip AND Burn. I have read great things about your software but if I can't even get it to install correctly I might as well look at other options and consider this wasted time. I am trying to install R15.1 on Windows 7.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: forcing 32 bit installation not working

Silly question, does your right shift key work? if you press it and select a letter it goes uppercase?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mountaineer
      • Dec 2014

Yes, my Right Shift key does work.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can run the main installer with --force32bit on the command line.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• theSC00BZ
          • May 2013

Originally posted by mountaineer
          Hi,

I am trying to force the 32 bit install so I can use CD Writer. I have held down the right Shift key when double-clicking the install. It still tries to install in the Program Files folder rather than the Program Files (x86) folder. I want to have one program that will Rip AND Burn. I have read great things about your software but if I can't even get it to install correctly I might as well look at other options and consider this wasted time. I am trying to install R15.1 on Windows 7.
          Don't forget also: most versions of window from vista onwards popup a security prompt first asking if you want to run the exe. It's at this point (when you click yes) that the right-shift needs to be held, as the executable hasn't been launched before then.

Comment

Working...

]]>