title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Difficulties with Sonos

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dahl
    • Oct 2014

Difficulties with Sonos

Sorry if this is obvious - I've looked and looked for an answer. I have come back to Asset after an absence of some years, and can't make it work with my Sonos system. I think this might be because I am in the UK (but desperately hope I am wrong).

I have downloaded version 4.3 and successfully got it running both on Windows 7 (my desktop machine) and on WHSv1 (an HP Mediasmart EX470). I can find and play music from Asset without any difficulty on a networked Sony TV. However - I cannot get it to appear in Sonos, while a small number of others have posted recently mentioning casually that they have used it.

Previously (ie some years ago) I had no difficulty in seeing Asset on Sonos CR100 controllers and on the Sonos Windows controller. Of course, there were some limitations and this caused me to work with other solutions (to the Sonos track limitation issue). But now, having re-installed Asset as mentioned above I just can't seem to see it in Sonos using the CR100s, the windows controller, or android controller. All of course have been updated at regular intervals.

I seem to recall that Rhapsody was withdrawn from the UK by Sonos (if indeed it was ever officially available). Could this be the problem, or am I missing something really obvious? For example, by not knowing where to look in the Sonos interfaces?

I've looked and looked for an online solution, in all the Sonos menus and in Asset's configuration and just can't seem to make any progress. Even if the answer is "no" at least I'll know to stop looking!

Many thanks...
  • Dahl
    • Oct 2014

Re: Difficulties with Sonos

OK - apologies all. :blush: It's obvious (if buried) and I now see what the issue is. Only 2 minutes after finding it, I can't even say how I did so. But, it's obvious...

In the Sonos windows controller, you need to select Manage/Settings/Advanced/Music Servers and tick "Show Rhapsody UPnP Servers". Not sure if I need to repeat that on other controllers, but I'll soon find out!
    Last edited by Dahl; 10-15-2014, 10:44 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Working...

]]>