title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Transcoding/Automatically adding a "CD quality" stream

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Duke
    • Jan 2013

Transcoding/Automatically adding a "CD quality" stream

Hi,

My library contains mostly lossless WMA files, some of them in high resolution (up to 24bits/96kHz).

I would like to use a single control point to stream from Asset to possibly two renderers:
    - one high-res capable over ethernet
    - the other a phone, over Wi-Fi.

The latter would not be able to play tracks at higher resolutions than 16bits/44.1kHz due to WiFi constraints.

So is it possible to have Asset automatically generate a transcoded "CD quality" stream, whatever the format, on top of the WAV & LPCM it already generates at the same resolution than the original WMA track?

Thanks a lot,

Denis
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Transcoding/Automatically adding a "CD quality" stream

Possibly not from the same control point, because the part of asset which can do this 'override settings' on the advanced page, requires that it can identify the end player, and normal control points do not pass this information to asset.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Duke
      • Jan 2013

OK, thanks a lot for your answer, Mr Spoon. Maybe a possible enhancement;-)?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Duke
        Hi,
        The latter would not be able to play tracks at higher resolutions than 16bits/44.1kHz due to WiFi constraints.
        Is this due to WIFI contraints in your *particular* setting? I can stream 24/96 tracks over WIFI in my home with no issue. Or is this due to the resolutions that your phone can handle. I suspect it is the latter. I know my smart phones won't handle 24/96.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

What you request is simply not possible.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Duke
            • Jan 2013

Originally posted by garym
            Is this due to WIFI contraints in your *particular* setting? I can stream 24/96 tracks over WIFI in my home with no issue. Or is this due to the resolutions that your phone can handle. I suspect it is the latter. I know my smart phones won't handle 24/96.
            Hi Garym,

I can't say for sure. The phone is a Windows Phone 8. Developer documentation says the highest quality format would be 16bits/96kHz WAV, but it looks like 24bit/96kHz lossless WMA files stored on the phone play OK. Same file over WiFi will give scrambled, low level sound.

I'll check that later...

Comment

Working...

]]>