title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Batch converting doesn't convert multiple versions of song

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aislinn
    • Jul 2014

Batch converting doesn't convert multiple versions of song

I just reripped my CD collection this week to Flac. I'm trying to use the batch converter to convert all of my Flac to ALAC so I can put them on my iPod. I can't figure out how to make the batch converter actually convert multiple versions of a song.

Here is an example of what I'm having a problem with:

"Spark" by Tori Amos appears on the album "from the choirgirl hotel" as well as several live cds. I'll estimate I have four versions of the song - one on the album and three on three different live cds. When I batch converted all of my Tori Amos songs, it only converts one version of "Spark." I end up with one live version and am missing the other two live ones as well as the album version.

How do I make the batch converter realize that I want to keep all of the versions of a song and that they aren't duplicates.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Batch converting doesn't convert multiple versions of song

You have to put the album name in either the folder path or filename.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Aislinn
      • Jul 2014

So I pretty much have to manually retag all of my songs?

Right now, when I bring up an album in the bath converter, it says:

(Name) Tori Amos - Spark (Size) (Type) (Date Modified) (Artist) Tori Amos (Title) Spark (Genre) Pop/Rock

And I will need to retag it so it says:

(Name) Tori Amos - from the choirgirl hotel - Spark (Size) (Type) (Date Modified) (Artist) Tori Amos (Title) Spark (Genre) Pop/Rock

Am I understanding that correctly? Also, just wanted to say sorry - I just realized there was a separate forum for batch converting.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You can use the dynamic naming:

[origpath]\[origfilename]

to use the original path and filenames.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...