title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

QNAP - Album art - Album artist / Album

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fateyes
    • Jun 2014

QNAP - Album art - Album artist / Album

Hi,

Have registered Asset for my Qnap and am happy with the way it works - its nicer than Twonky (although maybe not as fast).

I have noticed an issue similar to the one reported here http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...-UPnP-and-QNAP, but believe it may be one that can be resolved.

I use the Album Artist tag A LOT. Mainly because I have heaps of dj compilation albums, so the Artist tag has millions of entries and takes hours to scroll through, when really I'm looking for an album by one Album Artist, that has a number of different Artists tracks on it.

When navigating via Advanced Search - Album Artist / Album the album art displayed is often art for an album where the Album Artist is only an artist. Hard to explain and sounds confusing!

For example - "Adele - 21" is an album on my drive with correct Album art attached. It is the only album of hers I have. I also have "Uncovered 3", which is a compilation that happens to have a single track by Adele on it. When viewing the Album Artist list it shows the Uncovered 3 art next to her name, even though she isn't the album artist! When you click her name in order to show the list of albums it then correctly displays the art for 21.

Hopefully this is understood! And hopefully there should be a fix for this as it is not quite the same problem as the link above, although very similar!

Cheers,

Fateyes
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: QNAP - Album art - Album artist / Album

Yes I think is related.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• simes_pep
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2013

Re: QNAP - Album art - Album artist / Album

Hi, Have you tried unchecking 'Upstream Artwork' and rescanning?
      Asset is finding and using the Album Artwork for the first instance of the Artist for 'Upstream Artwork' & it seems to scan Compilations first.
      I have made some suggestions in other posts about different ways & methods for the handling of Upstream Artwork or the editing/management of the image database. I ended up finding all the compilation instances and replacing the individual artwork for the track in the compilation album to get a 'correct' album artwork for the artist in the upstream artwork process.
      Simon

Comment

Working...

]]>