title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper Crashing Half Way Through A Song

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Synthetic
    • Apr 2014

Re: CD Ripper Crashing Half Way Through A Song

Sorry to bring this back up but I have two more CD's that are having a lot of problems while being ripped.

Album: Title of Record
    Artist: Filter

Album: Hackers Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    Artist: Various Artists

With Title of Record it immediately starts sounding like it's grinding the CD and won't rip pretty much anything. On the Hackers soundtrack it starts having a lot of problems starting at track 6.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

It is likely the cd has manufacturing issues, and / or your CD drive used to rip is unable to read those CDs. If you can try a different CD drive.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Synthetic
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
        It is likely the cd has manufacturing issues, and / or your CD drive used to rip is unable to read those CDs. If you can try a different CD drive.
        I was thinking the same but lo and behold I tried ripping them with a different program while using the same drive and both CD's worked fine...

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

Hey Synthetic,

Originally posted by Synthetic
          I was thinking the same but lo and behold I tried ripping them with a different program while using the same drive and both CD's worked fine...
          with what different program did you try? There are only 3 programs on the market that validate the ripped data. Most programs even ignore the error codes of the drives and produce corrupted audio files. My suspect is that the CDs are damaged.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Synthetic
            • Apr 2014

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but it was the drive... Burned everything perfectly but those two disc's... As always thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...

]]>