title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Converting MP3 TO WAV. using R14 with XP Operating System

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MusicBug
    • Jan 2011

Converting MP3 TO WAV. using R14 with XP Operating System

A Friend just bought DB Poweramp R14 at my Suggestion and is having trouble Converting MP3 to wav.
    He is running XP Operating system. Can you give me the settings to accomplish this ? Sure would appreciate it.
    I feel that I must help him seeing that It was me that talked him into buying DBPoweramp. PLEASE HELP ?:blush::smile2:
    SHIRL :0
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Converting MP3 TO WAV. using R14 with XP Operating System

They are trying to create a wave file which contains mp3? rather than a uncompressed wave file?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MusicBug
      • Jan 2011

Hello Spoon..... He is converting MP3 to a compressed WAV file.....which is small in KBs.
      I know that R14 came out when I had xp also... But I couldn't convert either. Then
      I bought a new computer...Windows 7. You gave me a new way to convert them. I gave him those instructions.
      He says that they don't work..... I wish I could see what he is doing wrong.
      SHIRL:o

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Me too

Make sure he selects mp3-wave as the compression type on the wave encoder page, and try a few different bit rates.

For better sound (on very low bitrate mp3s), they can use the DSP resample to drop the sample rate to 22KHz or 11KHz
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MusicBug
          • Jan 2011

Thanks Spoon. I had given the correct settings to him.....He just didn't complete them by clicking on the advanced tab.
          He now can do it. The music we convert to is being used as backrounds sounds in e-mails so the smaller KBs is just right.
          Love DBPoweramp. He does now too.
          SHIRL :komisch12

Comment

Working...

]]>