title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dbpoweramp problems?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dadpop
    • Jun 2013

Dbpoweramp problems?

I have been a dbpoweramp user for more than 4 years now. My computer is a desktop, running windows 7 64, and I am very careful to update and scan with antivirus and malware scanners.

Less than 10 days ago, I renewed my dbpoweramp subscription, and purchased a family pack, so i could install on multiple computers. After I ripped 5 cds that I purchased new from Amazon, the funal cd ripped EXTREMELY slowly, and it was apparent that I got either a nasty virus or a rootkit that I could not get rid of.

I did a fresh install of windows 7 64, and when I tried, multiple times to re-install dbpoweramp, I keep getting the same message: "Registration Page Locked, Please Try Again Later"

I need to re-download dbpoweramp, and re-register unedr my order number, but I can't seem to do so. Please help.
  • eaglescout1998
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2009

Re: Dbpoweramp problems?

After I ripped 5 cds that I purchased new from Amazon, the funal cd ripped EXTREMELY slowly, and it was apparent that I got either a nasty virus or a rootkit that I could not get rid of.
    I think you were too quick to blame a virus or rootkit. It's more likely that your drive simply had difficulty ripping that one particular disc (as the other four apparently ripped without incident).

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Yes, Windows drops a drive to PIO mode instead of DMA if too many errors are detected (and it can be scratches), later (perhaps a few hours) Windows will sort its self out.

The download page will re allow your download after the set time has expired, make sure the order number is correct as an incorrect order number locks the page, you can use the search for lost order to get a correct order number:

Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• flobro
        • Jul 2013

Hello
        Same thing for me. I have Windows 7 64bits and Quad 3.4 processor with 16Go memory.
        Ripping 1 wave to mp3 would take more than 30 minutes !!!!!
        Would anyone know what to do.
        I'm starting to regret buying dbpoweramp.
        Thank you for your caring answer.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

>Ripping 1 wave to mp3 would take more than 30 minutes !!!!!

You are ripping a CD to mp3, or converting a wave file to mp3?

IF ripping a CD, try ripping in Burst mode, if this is fast, then you have something configured which is incompatible with your drive.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• setyadwi
            • Mar 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
            >Ripping 1 wave to mp3 would take more than 30 minutes !!!!!

You are ripping a CD to mp3, or converting a wave file to mp3?

IF ripping a CD, try ripping in Burst mode, if this is fast, then you have something configured which is incompatible with your drive.
            I also have the same problem, thanks for your explanation. It was very helpful

Comment

Working...

]]>