title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Force no date on year not working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Madz
    • Apr 2012

Force no date on year not working

I have this option set on, however when downloading metadata the Year field on screen still shows eg "2000 12 19" and nothing at all seems to be written to the tag on the file (verified with Edit ID-tag and Media Monkey). Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Also where do I find what version number my install of CD Ripper or whatever is?? How do I know if there are updates available etc?

Thanks
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Force no date on year not working

It would show on the screen, as the removal is only done on actual tag writing.

If you have disabled the year tag all together then it would not be written.

Open dBpoweramp Configuration >> Check for Updates
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Madz
      • Apr 2012

Thanks - if I remove the month and day (through the GUI) leaving just the year, it is written out fine. But as it stands I don't think the auto-remove option is working.

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Madz
        Thanks - if I remove the month and day (through the GUI) leaving just the year, it is written out fine. But as it stands I don't think the auto-remove option is working.
        Hmmm, works for me on my FLAC files.

Comment

• Madz
          • Apr 2012

Hi, that's interesting - I'm running version 14.2, what version are you running? So you have the "Force no date on year" option selected and when the metadata downloaded contains "2000 12 23" you get 2000 written to the year field in your flac files? (ie you've tested this exact scenario on the current version you're running of the software)?

Thanks for the response

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Madz
            Hi, that's interesting - I'm running version 14.2, what version are you running? So you have the "Force no date on year" option selected and when the metadata downloaded contains "2000 12 23" you get 2000 written to the year field in your flac files? (ie you've tested this exact scenario on the current version you're running of the software)?

Thanks for the response
            Running 14.2 on win7 machine. Flac files. Metadata shows "2000 12 23" in ripping screen but only 2000 in year field in flac file (and I've confirmed in mp3tag, foobar2000, and Logitech media server.

Comment

• Madz
              • Apr 2012

Thanks a lot for checking that - I'll do some more testing

Comment

Working...

]]>