title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need help with internet radio setup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Madz
    • Apr 2012

Need help with internet radio setup

Hi - just purchased and installed Asset. It's streaming my flac files fine, so I'm happy in that regard, but I'm trying to setup internet radio and I've got a few issues.

I've added my TuneIn account to Asset (i already use this on my iphone and it works fine). I can see my stations in the My Presets on my Denon receiver.
    My Denon receiver has Internet Radio capability built in, however doesn't support AAC+ streams which happens to be my favourite station. So I was hoping to be able to use Asset to transcode these streams ???

Unfortunately I've got a few issues:
    1) The (non-aac+) radio streams that are working keep stuttering - so the denon shows the buffer % - i see this fill to 100% and the station starts playing, then after a few seconds to my dismay I see the buffer emptying - sometimes when it's about 30% it kicks in again and fills back to 100% without a gap in playback but other times it goes to 0% and there's a break in playback for a second while it fills again. This DOESNT occur when playing the tunein streams from my iPhone or when playing the same station direct on the denon, so I suspect it's something to do with Asset?? This one is obviously a total show-stopper for me - if I cant resolve this none of the rest matters.

2) The aac+ stations, although in my presets, don't show up on the denon - I don't know whether that's because the denon knows it can't play the format - but I was hoping Asset could transcode to MP3??

3) One reason I got Asset was it's feature allowing you to customise the tree - is there a way to customise the Internet Radio node - there's a lot of stuff in there - all i really want to see is My Presets?

4) None of the stations appear on my PS3

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Cheers
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Need help with internet radio setup

Asset will only read the WMA and mp3 radio stations.

It is not possible to customize the radio tree.

You can browse the stations on the PS3?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Madz
      • Apr 2012

Thanks for the quick reply spoon - even if it's disappointing.

Any ideas on the stuttering?

Out of interest what's the reason it wont support AAC+ streams? seems strange when it'll stream so many format off local disk.

No stations or audio files at all show on the PS3 - only the folder structures. Not sure why, but haven't spent any time on it.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Perhaps a network buffering issue, not sure.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>