title
Products            Purchase            Codec Central            Forum & Support            Professional            About

Thread: Asset and kinsky

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Asset and kinsky

I am a premium registered customer and have not yet upgraded to asset 4 because of the problems that are present using linns kinsky as a control point, which is my preferred option. These problems do not occur with asset 3 and I would like to know, who is it that fixes these issues and when would that be please ?
    I am a very happy asset customer since 2009 and don't want that to change.

Lyric.

Re: Asset and kinsky

Linn have to fix their bug in their control point (they already have done so, but is a beta release).

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Oh Thanks Spoon, I appreciate that. I will just wait until their official release. At least you give your customers an answer Linn do not, pity reall after all the money they got of me. klimax system It does sound really good though.
    I always recommend you and your products on the linn forum, because I am a happy asset user, Thanks

Lyric

Angry Re: Asset and kinsky

To days ago I've changed from asset release 3 to 4 under windows home server (RipNAS).
    Now we have problem that we hadn't before.
    Kinsky reports "problems occuring while retreiving content from the specified location" / "invalid character Hex 01" - for various albums.
    "Content collector failed: Linn.ControlPoint.ServiceException: Code=900 Description="'', hexidezimaler Wert 0x01, ist ein ungültiges Zeichen. Zeile 2, Position 8917."
    The content of the NAS wasn't changed. So ist a tagging problem (artworks ... ) or is it a incompatibility beween Kinsky and Asset ?
    Some directional help would be higly appreciated - back to release 3 ?

Try installing the very latest version of Kinsky.

Thanks Spoon,

Bye the way - Asset Control works fine

Spoon,

thanks for pointing towards the right direction. It took only some hours to extract the corrupt tags.
    Two albums (ripped with dbpoweramp) contained the illegal ASCII-character 0x01 within the "Genre" "0x01Pop"
    Release 3 seems to behave different in this aspect.

Now Kinsky runs quite smooth again with release 4 and the music itself comes into focus again.

Bernd