title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

NOTE: Any posts to this forum on or after 16th April will disappear in few days when we transition to a new forum

Thread: Conditional filtering on containers

Conditional filtering on containers

Hi there,

I currently have my music library organized into several physical folders on the hard disk just for ease of avoiding cross-contamination (i.e. keeping lossless completely separate from 'sub-standard' quality files). I also keep Classical music separate as I generally consume classical music in a different way to other types (e.g. I would browse pop by Artists, then Album, whereas with classical I would browse by either Composer or the Artist depending on what I'm looking for).

I've found that using the same tree structure for both classical and other types doesn't tend to work, and in fact it can confuse the library - I currently run two UPNP server instances to keep them apart.

So, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to how I could utilise Asset to keep these apart - is there any kind of conditional filtering I can apply to containers to say, filter out all music with a Genre of classical?

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks

Administrator

Re: Conditional filtering on containers

You can use Dynamic browsing, select [Exclude] >> Genre >> Classical, it is a manual process - later versions of asset will allow these to be saved, also separate libraries.