title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset 4.0 download contains suspicious file "insaa72.tmp"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KPT
    • Mar 2012

Asset 4.0 download contains suspicious file "insaa72.tmp"

Upon clicking on executable my Norton Internet Security detects the suspicious file noted in title. I downloaded the 4.0 version of Asset last night.

NIS contains and removes it, but Asset behaves funny.
    - Cannot run as a service
    - When I go to edit the advanced settings the file type "M4A" is no longer listed as one of the streaming audio formats.
    - When I run it via UPuN some artists songs play when anothers is selected

I installed Asset 3.0 over 4.0 and it uninstalled 4.0 correctly and I am back to using 3.0 without issue.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset 4.0 download contains suspicious file "insaa72.tmp"

A false positive, the .tmp is the install file, without it Asset will not install.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KPT
      • Mar 2012

Given false positive, I tried to re-install 4.0. On surface appears to have uninstalled 3.0 and installed 4.0. Splash screen of Asset Config shows 4.0 registered vs. However, not able to get it to work as a service; think status says "No Status". Tried hitting restart button within Asset Config to no avail. So, I ran as a local. Asset appears as UPnP on receiver, but music files do no play.

Re-installed asset 3.0 and all is well. At least for me Asset 4.0 on Windows 7 does not appear to work.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Not if the security software is blocking it, uninstall, disable the security software, then reinstall (later enable security software).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KPT
          • Mar 2012

That worked! Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>