title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Removing multiple album arts

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drmrbrewer
    • Dec 2011

Removing multiple album arts

Usually dbpoweramp finds some decent album art, but I've ripped a few CDs where I've been able to locate better album art myself.

What I've done is just drag and drop the new album art onto that chosen by dbpoweramp. I had assumed that this *replaced* the art with mine, and that my art would be embedded.

Well, I have discovered that in fact both versions are embedded in the files, but the original version (the dbpoweramp version) is the front cover (i.e. the main one that is displayed in the player), and the folder.jpg (displayed in Explorer) is also the original version.

Now that I've discovered that, what is the best way to go back and find the tracks / CDs I've already ripped, and remove the duplicate album art embdedded in the files, and change folder.jpg?

Thanks.
  • BrodyBoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2011

Re: Removing multiple album arts

I would use mp3tag. You could very quickly filter for songs with >1 album art, and then go through and delete what you don't want.

Comment

• drmrbrewer
      • Dec 2011

Great, thanks. Looks like a powerful filter feature in mp3tag -- very easy as you say to find those tracks that have > 1 embedded album art.

I assume that replacing folder.jpg in the album folder will be an extra (manual) step, though?

Comment

• BrodyBoy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2011

What do you mean by replacing folder.jpg? You're essentially talking about having two different image files in the album folder, right? It will have to be a manual step to choose which one you want and delete the other one, unless there is some naming consistency that has been applied that makes it easy to target the unwanted files (like an extra added file is always folder(2).jpg, for example).

Maybe if you can elaborate a bit on how the multiple images are saved and named, we can come up with the most efficient way to get rid of the unwanted ones.

Comment

• drmrbrewer
          • Dec 2011

Well what appears to happen when you stick two album arts into the album art panel is that both album arts (1/2 and 2/2) are embedded, but only album art 1/2 is placed into the folder, as folder.jpg. So what's happened in my situation is that folder.jpg has ended up being the one I don't want. I'm guessing I need to manually delete 1/2 from each file (with mp3tag), extract 2/2 (again with mp3tag), and manually overwrite folder.jpg with that? No way of making this any easier?

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by drmrbrewer
            I'm guessing I need to manually delete 1/2 from each file (with mp3tag), extract 2/2 (again with mp3tag), and manually overwrite folder.jpg with that? No way of making this any easier?
            Step 1. Use MP3Tag to delete the unwanted album art and set the wanted album art to Front Cover.

Step 2. Use dbpoweramp batch convert and the ID Tag Update DSP. Set the Export Album Art To option ONLY on the Manipulation tab.

Copy an album and try it on this as a test first to make sure none of your tags are lost in the process.
            Last edited by mville; 12-16-2011, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>