title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AccurateRip: No / Secure: Yes

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drmrbrewer
    • Dec 2011

AccurateRip: No / Secure: Yes

I have a couple of discs where a small number of tracks fail on AccurateRip. I've seen that if ALL fail, then it's likely that your disc is just different. But if only a small number fail, then you should take more notice.

I then turned on Secure ripping to take more care over those tracks, with the default options. I still get AccurateRip fails, but they are showing as Secure (with an "i" symbol).

So, do I trust that all is well, and move on? Or still worry about the AccurateRip fail? Or worry about the "i" against Secure?

Do I try more and more secure options until I get a pass?

Any suggestions welcome in dealing with situations where accuraterip is reporting an issue.

And for "normal" ripping, is it safe just to work in Fast/Burst mode, checking that all are ripped with AccurateRip=Yes, and only switching to Secure ripping to deal with any discs or tracks that have AccurateRip issues flagged? Is that the fastest way to proceed safely, or would you anyway just leave Secure ripping on "just in case"?

Thanks.
    Last edited by drmrbrewer; 12-14-2011, 07:31 PM.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: AccurateRip: No / Secure: Yes

Once in a while I get the same result as you. Assuming I can get the odd tracks as SECURE I don't worry about it (and I've played such tracks and not had any audible issues). If the tracks are error or insecure, I typically try on a different drive and that usually solves the problem.

Regarding normal ripping, I have it set for always secure ripping, but if it gets a match on Accuraterip, it finishes automatically and does NOT move on to the secure ripping stage. So you don't need to do anything special. Just have accuraterip on and select secure ripping...only does it if it NEEDs to do it....

Comment

• drmrbrewer
      • Dec 2011

OK, so if it's marked as "secure" then move on (even if it's not a tick, but an "i").

And, might as well leave it on Secure mode, seeing as though most often it will just move on after verifying AccurateRip... unless I suppose you just want to fly through a bunch of CDs and put aside any dodgy ones for later, rather than waiting for ages for those to be processed.

Do you ever mess with the Secure mode settings, because there seems to be a whole bunch of stuff that could be ticked but isn't...

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

sometimes, if an "i" I might clean the disc then rerip those tracks. If I get an "i" the next time I just move on. (p.s. if you rerip one or more tracks, you need to rerun replaygain DSP on the entire album otherwise the reripped tracks won't have the RG Album gain values in tags).

Yes, leave on secure UNLESS you want to set those aside. I'd rather just deal with it in the moment then move on...but that's just my work flow.

Yes, I've changed a few of the settings in secure mode. (number of retries, producing complete logs, etc.)

Comment

• drmrbrewer
          • Dec 2011

I ripped a couple of CDs that weren't listed on AccurateRip, and I didn't have "secure" mode on. No explicit errors (red crosses) were given, but would you recommend I re-rip those with secure mode on? Is the absence of a red cross OK?

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by drmrbrewer
            I ripped a couple of CDs that weren't listed on AccurateRip, and I didn't have "secure" mode on. No explicit errors (red crosses) were given, but would you recommend I re-rip those with secure mode on? Is the absence of a red cross OK?
            this is why I like setting it to secure ripping. If accuraterip, it moves on quickly. If not it goes into secure mode: And you really do want secure mode when not in accuraterip. Even a brand new CD played for the first time could rip NOT SECURE due to manufacturing problems, etc. And you can't "see" a problem on a disc necessarily. My settings within SECURE:

enable ultrasecure ripping, checked
            minimum ultra passes 1
            maximum ultra passes 2
            end after clean passes 1
            vary speed NOT CHECKED

So if not in accuraterip, it will do the initial rip, then do at least one 2nd rip (first ultrarip pass). If the CRC's from the two rips match, it is secure and and you'll get a secure green check. If it needs a third rip it will try and see if it gets a match. So for a easy, clean rip for a disk that is NOT in accuraterip, you'll end up with two passes (initial and the 2nd, which we hope matches the first).

Comment

Working...

]]>