title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AccurateRip offset puzzle

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • melgish
    • Jun 2011

AccurateRip offset puzzle

Just got a new drive which shows up as "SlimType - eTAU208 2" (though the drive says LITE-ON)

So far every CD (about 10) I've tried in this drive is comming up "not found" even though they were found in my old LITE-ON - DVDRW LH-20A1L drive.

Is there any way I can rip the same CD twice, once in each drive to determine the offset for the new drive?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: AccurateRip offset puzzle

If it has not configured the offset and the drive is not known to AccurateRip, you need 3 matching CDs (where the CD does not have multiple pressings).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• melgish
      • Jun 2011

Well that kind of is my point.

I could go through my entire collection and not find 3 discs that only have one pressing.

It seems to me the system should be able to use my LH-20A1L drive to determine which pressing "this disc" matches, then use that knowledge to figure out the other drive's offset.

Comment

• rbsound
        • May 2011

I'm having a similiar problem; see my active post "Looking for best ripping drive . . ." near the end of the thread. I may have to go back to a possibly less "accurate" drive (Optiarc 7261) in order to use the accuraterip system.

Comment

Working...

]]>