title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Sync

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AdaL
    • Dec 2014

Sync

Sorry, but can not figure out how to sync ripped CDs to a thumb drive.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Sync

You would use Batch Converter, select your collection by checking the music folder, then convert. If there are existing files and you want to update only new, click no when asked to overwrite.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• AdaL
      • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
      You would use Batch Converter, select your collection by checking the music folder, then convert. If there are existing files and you want to update only new, click no when asked to overwrite.
      Sorry, but this is totally not working. How do I get my money back?

Comment

• AdaL
        • Dec 2014

I must be missing something. What I wanted was software that would rip a CD to my harddrive and sync with a thumb drive. HELP!!!!

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

what exactly do you mean by sync. Keep the thumbdrive up to date with all the files that are on your harddrive?

Comment

• AdaL
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by garym
            what exactly do you mean by sync. Keep the thumbdrive up to date with all the files that are on your harddrive?
            Yes, thanks.

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by AdaL
              Yes, thanks.
              My suggestion. Use dbpoweramp to rip to your local HDD. Once you're happy with those files (i.e., you've done any tinkering with the tag metadata you want to do), you can keep an external drive (e.g., thumb drive) synched to the HDD with something like freefilesync.

Download FreeFileSync 13.5. FreeFileSync is a free open source data backup software that helps you synchronize files and folders on Windows, Linux and macOS.

My preference is to set it up with the source HDD on the left panel, your thumb drive on the right panel, and in the settings just above the right panel, choose "mirror -->" This will keep the thumb drive synched to what's on your HDD. (if you choose the two way sync, anything you delete from the thumb drive will delete from the HDD as well, which you may not want). The first time you run the mirror it takes a while because it has to copy all the files. Subsequent runs only transfer the incremental files/changes so is very fast.

Comment

• AdaL
                • Dec 2014

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...

]]>