title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Help repairing corrupted files after hard drive crash..

Help repairing corrupted files after hard drive crash..

I recently had a hard drive crash. Luckily, I was able to recover approximately 11,000 music files. However, after running PerfectTunes, I realized they are now all corrupted. Is there a way to run the MusicConverter, or some other tool, to repair all the corrupted metadata and files?

Thanks so much for your help

Administrator

Re: Help repairing corrupted files after hard drive crash..

Try playing back some of the corrupted files, how much plays? if nothing then it is unlikely they can be recovered by anything.

The size of the individual music files is accurate, however they won't play. I guess that means I'll have to re-rip my entire music library. That sucks...

Administrator

If there is no metadata and no playback of any kind then yes you will have to re-rip. Please consider a backup of the files once ripped.

I backed them all up to Google Play. However, the files were converted from FLAC to MP3 when I did so. Is there a way to download all the files from Google Play and convert them back to FLAC?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by marley3 View Post
    I backed them all up to Google Play. However, the files were converted from FLAC to MP3 when I did so. Is there a way to download all the files from Google Play and convert them back to FLAC?
    Unfortunately even if you did, converting back to FLAC won't do any good. MP3s are lossy - once data is lost, it's lost.

As Spoon said, always backup your original lossless files. External hard drives are cheap.